Where are you poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshwolf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have cable, thinking about sat, have 4 comps and a lappy
South Wales. the place where the sky turns grey as you drive over the severn bridge.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
alarmeng said:
Hey im in Blackrod hahah small world eh! or is it really , why do we say that when it obviously isnt ..............

Cool, nowhere near Berry Square are you, i used to live there. Its opposite fryent close, off whitehall lane.

Isn´t that cool. I remember my old address from 3 years ago!:-rofl2

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
London .......... didn't used to be but it's spreading (as we speak).

dot_desig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Metronic Evolution 2
Metronic Evolution 3
Metronic K-Box Single
Metronic K-Box FTA
My Location
Portugal
Should't you include Portugal in your poll?
Yes you should...

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central

marbellasat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kaon 570
comag sl 55
neotion 3000,
antennas 60,80 150 and 250 cts
c-band Q- band
My Location
spain and florida
Why portugal, whe not spain ???:-bash

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Why not indeed ;)

L.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
The World Cup, while being an all inclusive adventure, does affect my usually quiescent nature (well, at least until we bow out or win).

As such, why is Spain & Portugal now hooked-up with Wales and the south of England in an 11 regions & nations poll of the United Kingdom?

I thought I was loosing it till I read Alex's opening poll request again and noted where he lived.

During times of football, and at a push, The Eurovision Song Contest - its about as barmy as asking "who will you vote for in the next UK election: Labour, LibDem, Tories, Partido Nacionalista Vasco, or, Partido Popular?"

Not an unreasonable thought, or?

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
BarMoo said:
During times of football, and at a push, The Eurovision Song Contest - its about as barmy as asking "who will you vote for in the next UK election: Labour, LibDem, Tories, Partido Nacionalista Vasco, or, Partido Popular?"

I´m a big fan of PP myself... and thanks Lancelot for adding the countries. I should have done that a long time ago!:)

Licinius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
My Location
Andalucia, Spain
I've had to select the N/E cos beautiful Yorkshire was omitted from the poll

daniel.mota

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digitall Mirage SCI900S
Edision 2120 CX
My Location
Portugal
Viva Portugal!!!

Ficou em 1.º na sondagem!!!

ceramista

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ouralis Evolution3.
My Location
Portugal
How come this is a co.UK board and there are more portuguese then Uk´rs ? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm....:)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
ceramista said:
How come this is a co.UK board and there are more portuguese then Uk´rs ?..:)

That would be a really funny observation on any other board, hehe.:-doh!

My view: I call it country block voting in a now totally illogical and bastardised poll ?

Can we have all missing regions (of the UK) on the poll, please - for what its worth - then Licinius can partake and I'll put my mother on there to make up the numbers.:-rofl2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
ceramista said:
How come this is a co.UK board and there are more portuguese then Uk´rs ? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm....:)

Well apart from being incorrect, as there are more votes from the UK than Portugal when you add up the individual areas. On balance UK members tend to take a back seat and watch what is going on rather than post, whereas our Portuguese members tend to be more regular contributors, you only have to look at their General section as opposed to the English language one.;)

You also have to consider that this has always been an international forum, with an international membership far exceeding the UK contingent, the fact that we still use a .co.uk suffix is pretty much an irrellevance.:)

I'l bet there have been hundreds of UK members reading this thread, who cannot understand why there aren't more votes for members living in the UK. :-lmao

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
While 130+ participants have added to the region poll since it opened two months ago, it should be noted that Portugal (added four days ago) is the 'UK region' with the highest concetration of users overall with 41%.

And its fair to also note that 'UK members' have, for a long time, included a substantial number of english speaking users from all over europe and beyond and a fair number of UK expats.

Granted that 'co.uk' isn't so much of an issue - until, that is, you are a 2D fringe user - then all the locals bang-on about how Brit TV is only for Brits, LOL.

Sorry, I am off on one again - back OT ...:-lmao

The only decent way of producing a global W.A.Y. poll is to leach member country info from the sats.co.uk database and (graphically) stick it on a map or piechart. Uuum, but that wouldn't be fun, right?

BTW, the poster is for fun only. Remember 'tongue-in-cheek'.

ceramista

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ouralis Evolution3.
My Location
Portugal
I stand corrected. Failed to see that UK was divided in N, S, E, W. Central, off side...too many sides for me:-) not to forget London etc. The poll asks: "Where are you from" so, I stand corrected once again. In that case, I am from Canada, living in Portugal.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
ceramista said:
Failed to see that UK was divided in N, S, E, W.

:eek: That'll go down well with our sat friends in the NW of England who are top of the UK part of the poll.:D

To paraphrase an old Radio 1 jingle, the UK has four nations: England, Ireland*, Scotland, Wales. How you split those nations up into provinces/regions is open to discussion; since it can be done by TV region, Electoral region, etc, etc.

*Yes, thats what they sang. I think they meant N. Ireland.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, Alex has got a lot to answer for, it was him who decided on which places were to be included, it would be nice to do one which included every possibility, in fact the the Astra 2D google map probably gives a better indication of who we have and where. :)

PS. Ceramista, that makes two Canadians we have now living in Portugal. :)

alarmeng

Why does it never work!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 mtr channel master,DM 7000 with H\Drive and a friend that doesnt understand me .Lol
My Location
uk
*AlexBellisBrown

Im near the poachers at the bottom of the village fella.

LOVE it around here ace.

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
I'm the Canadian guy who's livin' in Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.