Where Can I Buy Paint For My Dish?

D

dj9928

I've been in and around car shops looking black non metalic spray paint, but all the do is the shiney type stuff which apparantly you don't use, i'm after the dull paint and can't find it anywhere,

Could anyone find some on the net??

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
You must have been going to the wrong places, my local car shops sell matt black paint... :confused

But if you look on ebay for matt black spray paint I'm sure there's plenty to be had, albeit a lot more expensive than from a car shop....:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you phone any commercial paint supplier, they will sell commercial non-gloss spray paint and normally put it into cans for you.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
I think it is better to use a shiny paint

What U want is the electromagnetic rays to bounce from the dish into the LNB

The shinier the better (nice word there - shinier ???) but I think U know what I mean:)

After U painted it, wax it. Make it like a mirror

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
That'll fry your LNB next sun pass )(-red

Llew

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
dig deep said:
I think it is better to use a shiny paint

What U want is the electromagnetic rays to bounce from the dish into the LNB

The shinier the better (nice word there - shinier ???) but I think U know what I mean:)

After U painted it, wax it. Make it like a mirror

That's great, if you like cooking your LNBs... :-rofl2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Commercial grade cellulose is what you need, it isn't high gloss, but not matt either. :)

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
you can get matt paint from any shop realy, i went to an ordinary paint shop and bought some matt for my dishes, works perfect

NitroB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-1500Ci+ Super - 1.5m Centre feed - 0.3dB Lnb
My Location
East Anglia
Green Cuprinol fence paint on mine for the last three years, hasn't cracked, peeled at all no lost of signal.. Best of all it blends in to surroundings...

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I saw this on a FAQ satellite site.

You could always paint it green to match the garden. Ordinary car spray will be fine providing a thin single coat is put on the reflecting surface and it must be matt or it will reflect light and heat as well as the signal. The heat will burn through the feedhorn cap and let the spiders in.
THEY BLOCK THE SIGNAL - use matt paint. Car primer is ideal.