where can i find classical music

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre motorised dish ,Technomate V-box, Spiderbox 7000HD box, Windows0n desktop and laptop,. and couldnt live without Promax Prodig 5 TV Explorer.. Oh , and now ipad - so much easier and convenient
My Location
North Midlands
Hi
I have a 1metre motorised dish .
Just wondered if anyone could point out any channels that play classical music.
I've been lost since the Landscape channel finished broadcasting a few years back.
thanks

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Their's Classic FM , and The Performance Channel on Astra 28.2 which are both free to air which show classical music.
The Performance Channel also show other things like, ballet, opera, etc, but they also show concerts, whereas Classic FM has music all the time just like it's sister station on the radio.

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre motorised dish ,Technomate V-box, Spiderbox 7000HD box, Windows0n desktop and laptop,. and couldnt live without Promax Prodig 5 TV Explorer.. Oh , and now ipad - so much easier and convenient
My Location
North Midlands
Thanks for that rob ...think i have seen Classic fm but they seem to repeat the same pieces over and over again...will have a look at the Performance Channel. Have just found one on hotbird which looks interesting ......Musique classique.
The beauty of The Landscape Channel was the superb music set to relaxing natural landscape background video's. Hope it re-emerges in the future.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
DR Klassisk Danish Classic Radio is excellent.

Sirius 3 DVB
Thor 2 DVB
Intelsat 707 DVB

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Midlands
Thanks Rolfw....Will give it a try. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If you have access to a Seca Cam and (ahem) subscription card, then on 13 East you can receive the French music channel Mezzo at 12245H , and of course the Musique Classique from ABSat as you have already discovered