where can i get a decent pole bracket for a wall corner or front wall!

ninjagordy

Reaction score
hi guys...i need a decent brackt to mount my pole on but the ones at b&q are pants! i can bend them with my hand.......

send me in the right direction if possible please!
regards

gordy.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go to the local satellite/aerial wholesaler gordy, they should be able to sort you out. You can get them off the web from the main E-talers, but the shipping is normally expensive. remind me, what type of dish/motor are you installing?

ninjagordy

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Go to the local satellite/aerial wholesaler gordy, they should be able to sort you out. You can get them off the web from the main E-talers, but the shipping is normally expensive. remind me, what type of dish/motor are you installing?

hi mate!

right...im not 100% sure on exact make of motor but its usals and disecq 1.2 compatible, its run a 90cm dish (new)with a 0.3 bigsat lnb and i have a golden-interstar dsr 8005ci premium.

im having issues setting it up but i think one of my main reasons is the brakckets i got (wall ) from b&q are not too good...i am considering mounting the dish on the chimney stack as my current fixed dish is almost at right angles to my wall and is pointing to astra 19.2e so if i use this wall im going to be restricted as to what i can point at (i think....maybe u can confirm this.)

best regards

gordy.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If 19.2 is close to your Eastern Limit, then there is still quite a bit that you can pull in, you can also use a T&K mount to pole mount above the gutter level, this should then extend your Eastern arc to bring in up to 42E. How deep is the standoff between the wall and gutter?

ninjagordy

Reaction score
rolfw said:
If 19.2 is close to your Eastern Limit, then there is still quite a bit that you can pull in, you can also use a T&K mount to pole mount above the gutter level, this should then extend your Eastern arc to bring in up to 42E. How deep is the standoff between the wall and gutter?

approximately 14 inches out from the wall!

any help appreciated!

cheers again

gordy!

digdog

Reaction score
My Location
Doghouse
The T&K 's come in different standoff lengths too - big ones very handy if you dont want dish to catch wall....;) ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You would probably need a 24" bracket, an 18" would probably be too short. I would normally use 1.5 sets, the K parts at top and bottom and T part in the middle, a scaffolding pole would give you enough rigidity, most scaffolding companies will do a £note deal for a 10ft pole. :-shifty :)

ninjagordy

Reaction score
rolfw said:
You would probably need a 24" bracket, an 18" would probably be too short. I would normally use 1.5 sets, the K parts at top and bottom and T part in the middle, a scaffolding pole would give you enough rigidity, most scaffolding companies will do a £note deal for a 10ft pole. :-shifty :)

i have a 2" 6ft section of pole (alloy) that i was going to use bu if you reon this is no good i will get heavier stuff!

cheers all

gordy!

ninjagordy

Reaction score
ninjagordy said:
i have a 2" 6ft section of pole (alloy) that i was going to use bu if you reon this is no good i will get heavier stuff!

cheers all

gordy!

another thing.....im getting zapped of the dish motor only when i ground myself against the ladder....i assume this is the voltage coming from the receiver to the dish motor.......

any ideas as to what im needing to do to stop this......

regards

gordy!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The little belt won't do any harm and is quite common, the Alloy pole will be OK if it is heavy duty, is it an Aluminium scaffold pole?

digdog

Reaction score
My Location
Doghouse
Pole - probably OK - strength comes from thickness of tube wall and how pole is mounted. If you can keep bit poking above top T&K bracket just long enough to do job this will probably allow you to use up the longer part of pole by having a fair distance between the 2 brackets. If you can get hold of a fence post type spirit level (clamps to pole with rubber band) this will help with true vertical alignment.
As to small shock this is almost certainly from receiver - a ground lead from pole/brackets to a ground rod may help..as may grounding the exterior of your receiver in the house..:) :)
(Electrical grounding of dish installation is usually recommended by most manufacturers) :rolleyes: