Where did everyone go?

excotec

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
Seems like the weekend came and everyone left. I usally see at least 3-5 new post a night when I am at work. Now that I got my receiver and got it working I find myself thinking of ways to get the dish on the back of my office in order and bringing my receiver with me to work. The wife is asleep anyway so she is not watching it and for the most part I am here alone all night. Plus I should be able to get more birds from this location. Come to think about it that could be a bad thing. I already spend enough time here. The wife would be upset if I told her I was working more and she found out it was just to fill my sat fix...lol

excotec

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it has been a bit quiet over the psat few days Excotec, in fact it has been on most boards with only non-satellte related chat keeping the ball rolling.

You'll soon get fed up with connecting and disconnecting your receiver every day, I can foresee a second receiver materialising, perhaps a Hauppauge DVB-S with MultiDec on the work PC :)

Rolf

S

Satman

Perhaps everone is watching the battle
going on between Sat-dudes and Sky-tronic
Forums!!!

excotec

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
Rolf, adding something to the work computer is not really an option, even though I am the administrator, we must keep ourself tucked away behind firewalls and anything streaming is a big no no, but what about something usb? I carry my laptop back and forth everyday any way and it is MY laptop so not much they could say.

Excotec

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It certainly seems to have polaraised opinions, I missed the original postings, so not really sure what it was about. Probably best not knowing anyway, there are enough people out to get the satellite hobby community without fighting amongst orselves.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
@ Excotec,

Hmmm, I see the problem, the trouble is that none of the USB devices can be operated by MultiDec, plus it'd be cheaper to buy a standalone receiver. Or of course as you said earlier, put your home one in a bag and take it to work every day. :)

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sorry a bit slow

Who is Sky-tronics ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
http://www.skytronic-forums.com/forum/index.php?s=

I pop in there occasionally, the same as many of the other forums, helps to see what's going on elsewhere.

Rolf