Where did Show TV go on turksat?

turk182

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM 5500CI
turksat 42e
My Location
london
anyone know why it disappeared and if its still on V somewhere on turksat, would be a great help,
thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Their owning company went bankrupt and they are up for sale.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
turk182 said:
anyone know why it disappeared and if its still on V somewhere on turksat, would be a great help,
thanks

I am assuming you are on the west beam. In that case scan in Show Turk on 12530 H 4444.

turk182

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM 5500CI
turksat 42e
My Location
london
tirosh said:
I am assuming you are on the west beam. In that case scan in Show Turk on 12530 H 4444.
if that means london then yes <amateur> *cough*
ive tried that and it wont pick it up hmmm

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
turk182 said:
if that means london then yes <amateur> *cough*
ive tried that and it wont pick it up hmmm

If you are picking up the other channels on the Eurasiasat 1 e.g. Star TV then you should be able to get this. You can check out the information on this site for yourself http://www.lyngsat.com/turk42.html.

Sears

Reaction score
I have tried re-scanning and Show TV has def. gone. Anybody know why or where it can be picked up for free (I can get on digiturk but I don't have card).

turk182

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM 5500CI
turksat 42e
My Location
london
tirosh said:
If you are picking up the other channels on the Eurasiasat 1 e.g. Star TV then you should be able to get this. You can check out the information on this site for yourself http://www.lyngsat.com/turk42.html.
No Only really the ones on the Vertical , they all work fine (some 40 odd channels),Star TV is also not picked up BTW.
In order to pick these up on H would i need a huge dish or something?

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
turk182 said:
No Only really the ones on the Vertical , they all work fine (some 40 odd channels),Star TV is also not picked up BTW.
In order to pick these up on H would i need a huge dish or something?

In London you can easily pick up all the Turksat channels with a 90cm dish. If you are not picking up any of the Horizontals then I would suspect that you might have something wrong with your LNB. I am sure more knowledgable members can correct me here.

Sears

Reaction score
tirosh said:
In London you can easily pick up all the Turksat channels with a 90cm dish. If you are not picking up any of the Horizontals then I would suspect that you might have something wrong with your LNB. I am sure more knowledgable members can correct me here.

Tirosh - I am in london using 80cm dish and can pickup most channels like Kanal D and ATV which is on H beam. I cannot pickup Show TV.

Can you, or anybody else in the UK confirm thay CAN receive Show TV on the H beam today? (I assume Show TV was on vertical and dissapeared - hence why we can no longer receive?)

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Sears said:
Tirosh - I am in london using 80cm dish and can pickup most channels like Kanal D and ATV which is on H beam. I cannot pickup Show TV.

Can you, or anybody else in the UK confirm thay CAN receive Show TV on the H beam today? (I assume Show TV was on vertical and dissapeared - hence why we can no longer receive?)

I live just outside London and from first day it started transmitting on 12530 H 4444 I scanned it into my system and have been happily receiving it (very good signal strenght as well). Admittedly my dish is 1.2M but I have also entered this into various family members systems with 90cm, 1M and 1.2M dishes. All are happily watching Show Turk.

Sears

Reaction score
tirosh said:
I live just outside London and from first day it started transmitting on 12530 H 4444 I scanned it into my system and have been happily receiving it (very good signal strenght as well). Admittedly my dish is 1.2M but I have also entered this into various family members systems with 90cm, 1M and 1.2M dishes. All are happily watching Show Turk.

Tirosh - Thank you for your information, I will try to manually enter this channel into my system. I was happily watching Show tv from Turksat 42 until the end of September but lost it when the channel was moved to Eurasiasat 42 (as per news from Lyngsat). Will let you know how I get on. Thanks in the meantime.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Sears said:
Tirosh - Thank you for your information, I will try to manually enter this channel into my system. I was happily watching Show tv from Turksat 42 until the end of September but lost it when the channel was moved to Eurasiasat 42 (as per news from Lyngsat). Will let you know how I get on. Thanks in the meantime.

You are welcome. Good luck.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Try tuning a few khz either side of the nominal frequency (+2 / +4 / -2 / -4 etc.) If the LO frequency has drifted a little the box can have major problems tuning a low symbol rate service.

Sears

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
Try tuning a few khz either side of the nominal frequency (+2 / +4 / -2 / -4 etc.) If the LO frequency has drifted a little the box can have major problems tuning a low symbol rate service.

I will try your advice. I have a new Technomate receiver which was installed by engineer and I have not had time to play yet. I will do this weekend though.....

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
I find that I have to manually enter one or two of the Turksat channels - my auto scan misses them. I think that Show was one, also TGRT/TGRT Haber....

While you're at it, Cine 5, Gala and Viva have started transmitting on a second frequency in readiness for a move...

Sears

Reaction score
After investigating during the weekend I noticed I DID have Show TV all the time.... (12530 H) The problem was with my Technomate receiver.
When you scan channels for the first time, the receiver stores these channels with the channel name. If the channel on that same frequency changes, the Technomate does not automatically update channel name.
I noticed that many of my channel names were NOT the same as what was being broadcast on that frequency. I deleted ALL channels and did an automatic scan. I then scanned many channels manually with Lyngsat Freq guide and got many more channels also...................

I now have a problem with the S1 beam channels - If I manually store Kanal 6 on my receiver at say channel 50, then I store Sky Turk at channel 51, when I view channel 50 or 51 both will transmit the last channel I stored (i.e Sky Turk!). I spent hours storing Sky Turk, Show, Rustavi 2, Imedi, Kanal 6, Ege etc. at positions 50,51,52 etc. only to find ALL channels showed Ege TV - The last one I stored. I ended up storing Show TV as my last channel on S1 bean and now have show on channels 50,51,52,53,54,55,.......
I started with nothing and now have Show on all channels...........

This is weird - any ideas?

turk182

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM 5500CI
turksat 42e
My Location
london
Sears said:
After investigating during the weekend I noticed I DID have Show TV all the time.... (12530 H) The problem was with my Technomate receiver.
When you scan channels for the first time, the receiver stores these channels with the channel name. If the channel on that same frequency changes, the Technomate does not automatically update channel name.
I noticed that many of my channel names were NOT the same as what was being broadcast on that frequency. I deleted ALL channels and did an automatic scan. I then scanned many channels manually with Lyngsat Freq guide and got many more channels also...................

I now have a problem with the S1 beam channels - If I manually store Kanal 6 on my receiver at say channel 50, then I store Sky Turk at channel 51, when I view channel 50 or 51 both will transmit the last channel I stored (i.e Sky Turk!). I spent hours storing Sky Turk, Show, Rustavi 2, Imedi, Kanal 6, Ege etc. at positions 50,51,52 etc. only to find ALL channels showed Ege TV - The last one I stored. I ended up storing Show TV as my last channel on S1 bean and now have show on channels 50,51,52,53,54,55,.......
I started with nothing and now have Show on all channels...........

This is weird - any ideas?
Hm interesting point i have a technomate too , I wonder if its doing the same thing i might fiddle tonight... Having said that i have never been able to get anything from the Hor only Vert...my dish i believe is at least 80 looks bigger actually.
hmmm