where do I start?

B

booogle

Hi, I'm new to all this, where can I go to find out what xxx (not softcore) is out there? what kit I'm gonna need, where to get it from, how much etc? Any help appreciated!

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
OK here goes

One Humax F1VA patched....................................£179
One 1m dish+uni-LNB...........................................£110
50m of good coax+2 F/cons..................................£60
No dish motor but one Shifter(spanner)................£2
One satmeter.........................................................£39
One card programmer............................................£79
5 or 6 cards fun/gold/ect.........................................£5
One CAM(seca).......................................................£69
One multy pack of M&S white socks(5pairs).............£5.99
One S-view/S-viewplus smartcard.............................£149

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Anyone intending to use only an official subscription card (such as the Sexview card priced above) will not need the programmer or gold/funcards.
Nor will the Seca (Mediaguard/Aston) CAM help much for Sexview since it is encrypted with Viaccess2.

Or am I misunderstanding the "S/view smartcard" thing?

2old

B

booogle

So is s_x view one of the best channels? Are there many other xxx channels out there? And what satellites are they on? Are the subscriptions actually legal in the UK?

I do have an elvis programmer and some gold cards. Will these be of any use?

Thanks again

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You don't say whether you already have a receiver Booogle, certainly obtaining one should figure strongly in your plans.

One of the best satellites at the moment for all round viewing is Hispasat at 30W see Here This link will also show you which encryption the providers are using and therefor which CAM (decoder) you will require with your receiver.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I have to say that I don't have any official viewing cards for H/C channels, but if I ever do decide to get one I personally would go for SCT. It is said that this channel has been around a long time and if you pay your cash you can feel fairly safe that you'll get your 12months worth. If you have any way if pointing a dish at hotbird 13e even with a sky dish and digibox and go to add channels and put in 12.091H, fec.3/4 sr. 27/500, this will find 4 H/C channels (well 3 and a half). The channels found are S/view, S/viewPlus, SCT., and RCT which is clear and is the sister channel of SCT. This RCT channel might not show up when you do a transponder search, but if you see a channel called Italisat or something like that you have found RCT. As I said it's in clear and seems to be a 24h advertisement for SCT, but one add looks like very good value, it's called card mania and is for a very nice Samsong receiver with embedded Iredto2 or viaccess2 plus twin CI and a 12month SCT card for 599euro. There is talk that this has gone down to 499euro (a very, very nice price). The UK distributor is Media satellite UK not sure of their web address.
Hope this helps.

B

booogle

Thanks for the help guys. Rolf, I've got no equipment yet, not even Sky digital. When I know what to buy, does anyone know of any decent satellite dealers in Cheshire / Manchester area?

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Originally posted by booogle
Thanks for the help guys. Rolf, I've got no equipment yet, not even Sky digital. When I know what to buy, does anyone know of any decent satellite dealers in Cheshire / Manchester area?

Hi m8
If your after a good satellite shop then look no further than Astratech.They are probably the best in the business

http://www.satelliteonline.net

Lee