Where do they go?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Set up DreamBox and managed to load latest Enigma update using the Internet connection.

Followed instructions and manually loaded another image - all OK. Don't think it loaded as the screen still says Enigma - or is it only additions to Enigma the image adds?

Question - where do you find out where to put all the goodie files (directories). Can FTP to the directories if only I knew what to put what.
And what I need to get it all working > what reads what where.

Or can anyone point to where I can find this info? Don't mind reading and experimenting. Good stuff on Toecutters den but still a bit vague.

So, far just getting it up and running is real buzz, all i get is FTA channels have reset box tonight and will try again in the morning.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Did you flash erase your latest image?

Which image is it?

T_G's guide has some screen shots of file directories in it. Look there, and you will find the three main directories!

Bet you poo your pants when you see your first PPV channel!

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I can recomment T_G's guide, especially the bit about using the Automatic K*y File Updater...
(Why do we use * in K*y's, S*y, etc anyway?)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
djlemur said:
(Why do we use * in K*y's, S*y, etc anyway?)

Supposed to stop the words being picked up by search engines, some sites will automatically insert the asterisks, but people get used to using them. :)