minortom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
Household LAN
Linux servers (no doze here)
My Location
Berkshire
It's now in the early hours. I thought I'd got to the point to try a new image (1.0.8).

So I got the latest dreamup (universal) and the DM500 version for good measure. I also
got the 1.0.8 and the 1.0.6 images.

I read carefully the DM500 manual. Got all the cables plugged in all right. I real NULL modem cable and a CAT5 cable...all working fine. I did the power off. Start dreamup (and old win98 laptop) power on (plug in 12v ) ... GUI shows it matching up, it even pings the box and gives a smiley ... I try the ping button, also OK.

So step#1: Press the backup button .... what backup button! I see the screenshot in
the manual but on screen it's missing! Flash, Ping,Erase, exit all OK, just no backup button!!

Now the Manual screenshots show version 2.14b .... so I find a version of 2.14b (for the 7000 ... this is OLD!) lanuch that on the win98 box it DOES have a backup button. It won't work , I guess because it does not support the DM500

So what's up ... do tthe new Dreamup versions no longer support backup ? ... it's
notryed out it's totally missing. What do you other folks do?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
minortom said:
It's now in the early hours. I thought I'd got to the point to try a new image (1.0.8).

So I got the latest dreamup (universal) and the DM500 version for good measure. I also
got the 1.0.8 and the 1.0.6 images.

I read carefully the DM500 manual. Got all the cables plugged in all right. I real NULL modem cable and a CAT5 cable...all working fine. I did the power off. Start dreamup (and old win98 laptop) power on (plug in 12v ) ... GUI shows it matching up, it even pings the box and gives a smiley ... I try the ping button, also OK.

So step#1: Press the backup button .... what backup button! I see the screenshot in
the manual but on screen it's missing! Flash, Ping,Erase, exit all OK, just no backup button!!

Now the Manual screenshots show version 2.14b .... so I find a version of 2.14b (for the 7000 ... this is OLD!) lanuch that on the win98 box it DOES have a backup button. It won't work , I guess because it does not support the DM500

So what's up ... do tthe new Dreamup versions no longer support backup ? ... it's
notryed out it's totally missing. What do you other folks do?

Cant really remember about dream up, its so long since I used it.
Use Flash Wizzard Pro to load the new image into your dreambox. It only takes 2 mins and dont have to hold any buttons for flash erase.