Where to buy computers on the cheap?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
:) evening people.

I know this might sound, well, stupid(!), but where do you suggest i could find computers going vvv cheap?

I'm looking for a used/ex-corporate pc, 1ghz, 256mb of ram, xp (home or pro), and if possible with a tv out.

As you can see, nothing special, i just want another computer jus to watch streams from the net of footie games that aint on $ky, ie Saturday 3pm, cos I dont wanna mess my computer or my sisters laptop with the P2P streaming programs, ie PPLive, PPStream, and the like.

I'm fully aware the obvious answer will be eBay, but someone on here might know other avenues to go down, so please share the knowledge:D !

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
never thought of that!

allend66

allend
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Costa Daurada, Catalonia, Spain
i used to work for birmingham city council- every so on they update and shelve all the old pcs. contact them for a cheapy

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
allend66 said:
i used to work for birmingham city council- every so on they update and shelve all the old pcs. contact them for a cheapy

suppose i could call up Essex CC, mind u they may not pick up the phone!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Interesting sig, having a beer and watching an electric toothbrush? :p