Where to get 2nd hand Dishes in London ?

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Super FTA 1000D, 85cm Digiquest dish,Skystar 2 card,Moteck SG2100A motor, Netgem i-player,Hauppauge WinToGo TV card
My Location
London,England
Hi All
This is my very first post:-ohmy . Yay!

I read through the forum quite often and it has been very helpful.

I 'm new to the satellite world and have decided to go down motorised PC satcard route. I plan to get a 90cm dish but a bit low on budget to get a brand new one.

I was wondering if any1 could please recommend any fairs, car boot sales, or shops where I can pick up a 2nd hand dish in the London area.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Cheers for your co-operation in advance

Chib

I 'm aware that the people are not allowed to recommend shops...could you please PM me if you ve got any names.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
Hi there Chib, I recently purchased a solid 80cm dish for £25 from Melksham satellites
http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/satellite_dishes.htm
It was a digiquest light grey dish which comes with all the fixings, you just need the mounting pole and an LNB, they also do the smaller 60cm dish for £15.
With this dish and a Motek Disesq motor I can get Thor and all the major satellites with a decent signal to boot. (75% Thor & 95% Hotbird)

I did have a tatty 1 metre dish but recently sold it, sorry.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I have a brand new 78cm dish with monoblock LNB i would give you for free if you lived where i am.

I want to give it away because im so fed up with it being in the way in my apartment and i already have several dishes laying around just for fun.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Likvid said:
I have a brand new 78cm dish with monoblock LNB i would give you for free if you lived where i am.

I want to give it away because im so fed up with it being in the way in my apartment and i already have several dishes laying around just for fun.
You big tease... :D

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Super FTA 1000D, 85cm Digiquest dish,Skystar 2 card,Moteck SG2100A motor, Netgem i-player,Hauppauge WinToGo TV card
My Location
London,England
Likvid said:

:D ROTFL
I beileve theres a posting service in Sweden

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Which part of London, and what size are your neighbours happy with ?

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London,England
Channel Hopper said:
Which part of London, and what size are your neighbours happy with ?
I'm in the Euston Area(Camden). I dont think neighbours would mind.

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London,England
Does any1 know if Lidl satellite deal is still on in North?

CHib

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
I doubt you'll get one from Lidl, they usually run out of there gadgets within the first morning or so, look them up on the web and ring your local stores prehaps ?
I've mentioned previously where I purchased my solid 80cm dish from for £25 brand new, I see that as an excellent deal and it gets me virtually everything thats available.

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London,England
Rod Hulls Aerial said:
I doubt you'll get one from Lidl, they usually run out of there gadgets within the first morning or so, look them up on the web and ring your local stores prehaps ?
I've mentioned previously where I purchased my solid 80cm dish from for £25 brand new, I see that as an excellent deal and it gets me virtually everything thats available.
I just got an 80cm dish from satonline as you recommended. Its a lot bigger than I expected. Saw a picture of your setup and thought the dish was just 2 x 30cm rulers and a bit.Pictures at can be a bit deceptive at times. It 's a massive dish.

I think I ve got everything I need now except F connector and cables

Moteck Motor 2100G
Invacom Single quad (woteva that means) 0.3 LNB
80cm digiquest dish
Skystar 2 with Remote

Is there anything else I need. Can some1 send pointers on how to setup skystar using yangse and softcam keys.Dont have a clue of what they mean need to do some reading on it.

I think I m turning into a satellite freak <- scary! :eek: Been intrigued ever since I did a satellite communication module at university.

Help

Thanks in Advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like a reasonable setup chib, you will of course need a set of T&K brackets and a pole if you are to wall mount it. :)

For more information on the SS2, have a look and post in the PC cards section, there is a wealth of information there.