Where to get a CAM in Europe?

SOLVEWEB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-6900 HD Combo Super listening to Hotbird 13 and Eurobird 9
My Location
Southern Italy
Does anyone know a seller willing to ship a 12 month subscription to Europe without a huge mark up from the price paid in Poland?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you go through a middle man theres always going to be a reasonable mark up for their profit margin.

SOLVEWEB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern Italy
Is it possible to go direct to Polsat then? Will they ship outside of Poland?

What about taking a cheap flight to Warsaw and buying a prepaid package off the shelf in an Electrical shop?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
SOLVEWEB said:
Does anyone know a seller willing to ship a 12 month subscription to Europe without a huge mark up from the price paid in Poland?

Are you interested in Polsat Cyfrowy or Cyfra +
Which options do you need?
After doing a lot of search, I gave up as I am not willing to pay 100%-200% over the prices paid in Poland.
There is a 12 months subscription to Cyfrowy (receiver+smartcard) from Sateuropa cost 389 Pounds, but check the channels list first if they include what you are after. The HBO channels are not included.
_http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/product_overview.asp?id=1625&catid=10&subcat=8
Or a CAM subscription from CDTronix cost 315 Pounds
_http://www.cdtronix.com/viewing-cards/european-tv/cyfrowy-polsat-poland-12-months/prod_258.html
I can't see the Cinemax in their list, but it could be just an error.

SOLVEWEB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern Italy
I think I want the Cfrowy Polsat package, as I am after an inexpensive but decent selection of English Language channels on Hotbird 13 or Eurobird 9.

Primarily, the ones which are most attractive are the BBC channels, TCM, Jetix and Cartoon Network... that sort of thing. HBO would be fantastic but thats just a bonus.

It seems that Polsat is the best all round package for that. Aside from the exhorbitant mark up you mention, one problem is that the subscriptions available in the UK do not seem to include the BBC channels. This might be because there is some issue over commercial BBC channel availability in the UK (as is the case with BBC Prime subscriptions).

Ive seen one Polish company - _www.satsklep.com - offering Polsat replacement subscription cards - and they seem to offer them to customers outside of Poland. Would one of these work with any N3 cam or does it need to be an official Polsat CAM? Anyone got any experience of this company? The site is 100% Polish which I am struggling with.

One other possibility - Should I be looking at getting a Diablo Cam? Can this be programmed to work with Polsat Cfrowy? Is it worthwhile getting a Diablo cam anyway? Are there alternative packages out there on 13 or 9 which provide a decent selection of English language -Family- channels?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
SOLVEWEB said:
I think I want the Cfrowy Polsat package, as I am after an inexpensive but decent selection of English Language channels on Hotbird 13 or Eurobird 9.

Primarily, the ones which are most attractive are the BBC channels, TCM, Jetix and Cartoon Network... that sort of thing. HBO would be fantastic but thats just a bonus.

It seems that Polsat is the best all round package for that. Aside from the exhorbitant mark up you mention, one problem is that the subscriptions available in the UK do not seem to include the BBC channels. This might be because there is some issue over commercial BBC channel availability in the UK (as is the case with BBC Prime subscriptions).

Ive seen one Polish company - _www.satsklep.com - offering Polsat replacement subscription cards - and they seem to offer them to customers outside of Poland. Would one of these work with any N3 cam or does it need to be an official Polsat CAM? Anyone got any experience of this company? The site is 100% Polish which I am struggling with.

One other possibility - Should I be looking at getting a Diablo Cam? Can this be programmed to work with Polsat Cfrowy? Is it worthwhile getting a Diablo cam anyway? Are there alternative packages out there on 13 or 9 which provide a decent selection of English language -Family- channels?

I don't think that you will get much joy with the Cyfrowy Polsat as far as channels with English audio. The family package doesn't include the BBC channels or HBO.
I would consider Premiere (Germany) package instead.