Where to point a 2nd Dish

hibbykeith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Main room has Sky, conservatory has Skyline DSR4000 Satellite Receiver, theres also an Advent computer and an Advent laptop
My Location
Midlothian, Scotland
Hi Guys,

I've currently got 2 60cm dishes that feed 2 seperate sky boxes which transmit in 2 locations within my home, obviously pointing to the same satellite. I was told that I could connect both my cables onto 1 dish and then connect a seperate satellite receiver onto the 2nd dish and point that to another satellite. My question is, (1) can this be done? and (2) what other satellite has the most FTA content which can be picked up from my location in central Scotland.

As you can probably gather I wouldn't be carrying out this operation myself however I would like to instruct the aerial engineer as to what I want.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Use a twin LNB for Dish #1 for the two Sky boxes, and point Dish # 2 to Astra 19.2E or Hot Bird 13E with a 6 degrees LNB, or use a motor to point to many satellites.
With 60cm, I don't really know how good the reception would be.
But I am sure that one of the UK experts would give better info.
You will need more cables and also another digital receiver.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Doesn't it really depend on what channels you are after receiving ie, sport, movies etc...:)

Install a Quad to the Sky dish ( future proof with it's 4 outlets for Sky Plus).

Fit a Diseqc Motor to the other one to recieve many satellites. Be best to change to an 80 or 100cm.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
hibbykeith said:
Hi Guys,

I've currently got 2 60cm dishes that feed 2 seperate sky boxes which transmit in 2 locations within my home, obviously pointing to the same satellite. I was told that I could connect both my cables onto 1 dish and then connect a seperate satellite receiver onto the 2nd dish and point that to another satellite. My question is, (1) can this be done? and (2) what other satellite has the most FTA content which can be picked up from my location in central Scotland.

As you can probably gather I wouldn't be carrying out this operation myself however I would like to instruct the aerial engineer as to what I want.

A motorised 2nd dish of 80-100cm would be the best option, other than that an 80-100cm dish with more than one LNB on it covering 13E,19E,28E for example, With the multi LNB option you could also feed both your Sky boxes, and ditch the original dishes.

Robbo:)