Where to put the different files?

Reaction score
I have a FTP client set up, I can talk to the thing. I know Unix like the back of my hand. I just don't know anything about satelites. I can FTP files to the dreambox. I just dont know what files to put in what directory. I can flash the dreambox with new images. Please help :( boo hoo

lovelyperson said:
:) Hi All,

New user to the DB, can you recommend an easy to use FTP prog to transfer files/keys etc to the DB7000S - am using XP home with modem connection.

Thanks ;) lovelyperson

Reaction score
Could you please tell me what files go in what directories on the dreambox : ) ie. emu files go in the /var directory. Please just a short idiots guide. Thanks

BGonaSTICK said:
Wow, I found that really confusing!

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Once you have the FTP connection from your PC to the Dreambox, what else do you want to do?

You don't need anything else to manage the resources on your DB.

You get the files from the Internet onto your PC, then you fiddle about to get the component parts you want, and FTP them to your DB. A little more fiddling on the DB and your done.

Where does the server and the two connections come into it?

STICK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It depends on which image you are using, Marta over on Toe's made a nice post with information on one specific Image.