where to start??

A

Ajay

Hi to old 4 this, hope that you can help again.

I have now got an echostar 2150ivp (lovely machine) but really do need help on how to put in your own frequencies (adding channels) their are so many menu's?? also how do I update a card from the menu. Is their a web page with an idiot proof guide on this.
thanks in advance

Ajay

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I assume you mean the D2510ip viaccess model...

In case you don't have a manual for whatever reason, please download one from the Echostar website (http://www.echostar.nl).

Very basically, the software as supplied (and regularly updated for download via pc or over-the-air by satellite) incorporates a default database of satellites and transponders (a "tranponder" being described in this context by the frequency, polarisation and symbol-rate).
So if you just use the basic "program satellites" option from the installation menu you can scan one or all such pre-defined transponders on each satellite.

But to add satellites or transponders to the database (in order to be able to scan them too for channels, feeds, etc.) the easiest route is through the "add sat/tp" option in the "advanced installation" menu. Alternatively the same option can be reached via the "edit transponder" option.

The manual describes how to do that.

Once the transponders are added (or changed) they can be scanned from that same menu, and any found channels are automatically added to the end of the TV & radio channel lists on that satellite. At least, they are if the PIDs are carried in the data stream. Some channels require 'manual PID entry' - ie they will not be found by a scan, and you need to "manually" define the channels by specifying a name and the correct PIDs (all from that same menu option).

2old

A

Ajay

Thanks 2 old.
Yes I did mean the 2510ivp. How do I find out the manual "pids" to enable me to input them? I will visit echostar website and download the manual as well. thanks again for a quick and helpful reply (no doubt i will be back shortly saying I have fried the reciever) :-)

thanks again
Ajay

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Some of the better transponder/channel lists include the PIDs for each channel.
Online, Lyngsat & satcodx do for example.
In my part of the world, the Dutch publication "Hopper Guide" does too.

2old