Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The new season is only a week ago so lets compile what info we know so folks can get cards etc organised.

First of all its important to point out that the Prem league are trying to make it as difficult as possible for UK subscribers to get the holy grail 3pm kickoffs this season.

For example English sound tracks have been removed from many services in recent years, and the multiple kickoffs on European providers are reported to have been cut back to one per service

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
So first up Al Jazera Sports (JSC Sports)

AJS is transmitted on multiple satellites, including 13E, 7W & 26E. Apparently EPL will only be shown on the +6 +7 +8 & +9 SD channels. The HD line up is a little uncertain for Prem games

26E Badr
The full service is carried on 26E. However, it can be more or less ignored in the UK - the dish sizes required for Badr 6 are excessive (2.4m around London!)

13E Hotbird
Only JSC +1 +2 +3 +4, Global & News are now carried on 13E all in standard def only, so there wont be any Prem League carried on 13E.

7W Nilesat/Eutelsat 7West A
Many JSC services are being carried on Eutel 7West A, which gives good signals into the UK. However the +6 to +9 SD Prem games are being carried on Nilesat 201, and again the signal strengths are so poor in the UK that reception can effectively be discounted. (Around 2.4m in the south of the UK) +6HD seems to be being carries on Eutel 7WA atm, although I would be very surprised if this doesnt change.

3E Eutelsat 3D
Same line up as Hotbird 13E so no Prem games.

IPTV may be the way to go if your broadband is fast enough - various boxes are available that provide all JSC services via broadband - I saw one which cost about 400 quid a year..

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
13E Sky Italia

The new Fox Sports is definitely going to be showing some games, although I have no idea if 3pms are included.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Other channels

Some of the African channels on 7E showed occasional 3pm games last year in the clear, and are always worth keeping an eye on. The quality isnt great, but hey its free.

GDS on 16E showed a few as well.

Last edited:

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
on my last scan of 3E only jsc sports 1/4 are there now,

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Apparently there are several football stadia around England where you can actually go inside and watch these games. It's been available for years they tell me.........sorry!
No seriously, I have been trying to help out a friend chase down the best sub for FAPL, since Tring is now gone. I pointed him to Canal+ on Cyfra Poland Hotbird 13e. But it is getting more difficult. I see Digi Sport Romania are showing a fair bit too, but getting a sub may be tricky, but cheap.
Also looking for the best radio delay software so he can listen to Radio 5 Live commentary in English (provided from an old TM 5000 sat receiver and routed through his old XP laptop)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
1W Canal Digital Norway also shows EPL but subs are expensive even if you know someone in Norway to subscribe with.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I hope Diema on Bulsat will keep showing the games - this is what I have been watching for the last 3, 4 years. They don't show every PL game during a weekend, but most.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
the nC+ Package Canal+ Start for 18 Months, looks a good bet for those who want to see a few games, not bad price too if you get from a polish site who will ship to uk

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Looking at the games starting on January 1st 2014 I cannot see any listed on http://sport.novatv.bg/

Is there anyone who reads Bulgarian who can have a look at the site?

Cheers, TG

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre motorised dish ,Technomate V-box, Spiderbox 7000HD box, Windows0n desktop and laptop,. and couldnt live without Promax Prodig 5 TV Explorer.. Oh , and now ipad - so much easier and convenient
My Location
North Midlands
Hi TG,

Google Chrome browser offers to translate the pages into Bulgarian for you .

Will have a gander at it myself tonight to see what's on

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Looking at the games starting on January 1st 2014 I cannot see any listed on http://sport.novatv.bg/

Is there anyone who reads Bulgarian who can have a look at the site?

Cheers, TG

I have read that diema and nova sport Bulgaria have stopped showing 3pm games on Saturdays, still showing games that are on uk tv though.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
That is (mostly) true along with Sunday 4pms, although they were scheduled to show the 4pm Spurs game yesterday

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi TG, Google Chrome browser offers to translate the pages into Bulgarian for you .
Yes tried that but still was not clear.

I have read that diema and nova sport Bulgaria have stopped showing 3pm games on Saturdays, still showing games that are on uk tv though.
Eh? aren't all games shown on UK tv such as Sky Sports??

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Eh? aren't all games shown on UK tv such as Sky Sports??

I meant the games shown on sky/bt sport have still been shown on diema or nova sport, just the sat 3pms that have not been shown.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
OK.
In the meantime I see that Diema is continuing as before, showing most of the games. Great ;)