Which CAM, card and programmer?

hi2shy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:confused

I used to use the Elvis Programmer for an Aston 1.05 CAM in a Hyundai HSS-800ci receiver plugged into a 1m dish using a STAB motor many moons ago. After being away for nearly 2 years (because the receiver had problems accepting certain CAM's), I am told that the new CAM's will work with my existing setup.

Some people say the Dragon CAM is good, others say Matrix. I just don't know which CAM to buy, please can someone help?

Likewise, I don't know which cards to buy, OPOS, Titanium blue, Titanium 2 - it used to be so simple !!!

Finally, there seems to a choice of programmers and from what I can gather, it seems like either it's the Infinity USB, Infinity USB Unlimited or Dynamite. With the setup I have got, which programmer would be best suited to my needs?

Sorry if all these questions have been asked, I did do a search and all I ended up doing is making myself more confused!!

:-ohmy

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Just a question : what card were u using with ur Aston 1.05 CAM ? And what setellite were ur getting ( Hotbird ? Astra ? )

Tx.

And indeed i heard that Dragon Cam is one of the best coz it doesnt use cards anymore. Just Emulates. Like Dreambox.

hi2shy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was using a goldwafer card and I was getting Hotbird, Astra, lots of satellites really (actually I can't remember!!) but Astra and Hotbird were the main ones before they changed the encoding system !!

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Yes indeed, they've changed Viaccess 1 to Viaccess 2 and then Mediaguard 1 to 2. And what comes with it as result, need new hardware, ets .... but why i'm asking, isnt there a way to get Via2 and Med2 work even with ur Aston 1.05 Cam ?

Tx
Sput.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
This way u dont have to buy new Cam, I'll try to find some more info about Aston 1.05 CAM .....

hi2shy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think I want to upgrade now anyway to either a Dragon or Matrix CAM. Still the questions are, which CAM to go for, which card to go for and which programmer to go for!!

Anyone?

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Bro, just buy a Dreambox and all your problems are solved :) ( as far as i know ) :) hehe

I have one, just one click on remote control and new keys, new emu's, all you want.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
how ever it is indeed interesting to get your hands on all kind of ekeepment

hi2shy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dreambox hey? I'll have a look into it ! I'd much rather have 1 click on the remote control than having to program cards etc...