Which Cam?

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85CM Triax Motorised, H-H Manhattan Motor, Technomate 1500 Patched with DigitALB Sub
My Location
Lincoln
Hi All,

Sorry to be a complete newbie have spent all day today and yesterday reading the board and am not sure whether im any more in the knowledge or not.
Basically, has been many years since I was involved with Satellite scene (TV1000 D2-Max on 19 East / Filmnet SatBox on 19 East).

Am getting a bit bored with the same old offering from Sky and have got a 60cm dish up pointing towards 13 East (Hotbird).

The problem is, cable come's into home and ends there, no receiver is on the end, so basically starting from word go.

Im looking for recommendations on a good receiver to get and cam (Matrix / Magic etc) which will offer meself a good starting point without too many problems.
Bit confused on which cam to go for, what do you nice people recommend?
Thank you for your help in advance, and sorry for being such a complete plank :)

feri25

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Position: 50.51N 4.21E - 80 cm Dish - Digital Echostar 2200 2Ci 2Viaccess - Mrv
I am not very pro on this. Just tell you my very good experiences with my Echostar and M*trix cam R*voloutions. I have an Echostar 2200 2Ci 2 Viaccess. Very high rated comparing others. Without any bugs or difficulty. I update my M*atrix easily via my Laptop (which you can find the way on the old post here). You can have more than 7 movie ch on T*PS which normally are in original version as well as French. So, I am quite happy.

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85CM Triax Motorised, H-H Manhattan Motor, Technomate 1500 Patched with DigitALB Sub
My Location
Lincoln
Many thanks for your reply.
Would a Echostar with HD be ok then? so I can get some recording on the go?
What else is on the offering for you at present with your current setup on Hotbird?
Many thanks

feri25

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Position: 50.51N 4.21E - 80 cm Dish - Digital Echostar 2200 2Ci 2Viaccess - Mrv
Echostar has a HD version as well, ofcourse it's more expensive. Ex. PVR-5020 RECEIVER 80 GB (Up to 250Gb) - £469.99.
In my setup there is all T*PS packages: 7 Moveis - CNN - BBC Word - CNBC Eu - BBC Prime - ESPN Classic - Bomerang - Cartoon Networks - Eurosport - Euronews - MTV -VH1 - TCM and lots of French Ch also some Spanish and Italian Ch.

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lincoln
Thanks again.
Having a fixed dish is a bit of a git, which is offering more at present (and possibly in future) 13 E or 19 E?
Dont want to be running up & down ladder once a day, and am not keen on the dual feed 1 dish thing.
Ta very much

nezbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM5620-S Gemini 3.10, 80cm Dish on Moteck SG2100A, MRev2.25, Sky+, Sagem dBox2, DM500c Neutrino dPlus V2.01
My Location
Manchester
cyphor,

If you your dish has to stay fixed try a mono block lnb, with a disqec complient enabled reciever u can take in both hotbird and astra 1 without motors.

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lincoln
Cheers m8'ty.
Balls to it, might as well go the whole hog and get a motorised bit of kit, seems like the best option as looking through the channel listings (and seeing channels move from one position to another) is the best option.
Mrs has agreed as long as she gets her new 3 piece suite so got a deal really.

So question, what recommended IP receiver do you recommend especially one that is more flexible with the cams available and will offer near trouble free operation?

Thanks again, I sincerely appreciate your help.

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
The Manhattan St 550 is a sound reciever. Has irdeto embeded and a 36 volt positioner aswell.As for cams, I would go with the dragon cam.