Which card

W

werg007

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-Apr-02 AT 01:54 PM (GMT)]I am looking to buy a dvb s card for my computer and i would like to know which one is the best to buy i want to use multi dec 8.and where i can buy one from. Any information would be appriciated

i want one with tv out

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you're looking to buy a SatPC card then read the thread immediately preceding this, try also this link, it tells you the cards that MultiDec will work with http://members.home.nl/happysat/MD/DVB_Hacking_Using_Multidec_80.html there is probably very little difference between the quality of the different cards, so it's got to be down to price in the end.

Rolf

S

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
Do NOT BUY pentamedia card as it has
A. Shit drivers
B. no multidec support (yet) :(

Do BUY it if none of the above matter as it has excellent picture quality scarted through a video, it has not dropped in price much since i bought it last year. Drivers are a pain but the card is not system intensive. Please support my card with multidec......pleesseee

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Apr-02 AT 06:12 PM (GMT)]It's unlikely that the multidec software will include PentaVision as the cards that it is written for all use the same base board (Samsung I think). Mine's sitting in it's box now waiting for a response from the adverts :)

Rolf