Which DiseqC motor should i buy?

joe194b

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7020 with Gemini mod. Triax 1.1M Dish. Now looking for a motor to get it moving.
Hi,

I have a Dreambox DM7020 and a Triax 1.1M dish fixed at 19deg now i want to motorise it to get more channels. I have been looking at the Manhattan H-H 140 U at http://www.parabolic.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=219

The dish is mounted on a south facing wall above the gutter. Will the Manhattan be good enough or are there others that you reccommed?

regards Joe

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
This review of 3 diseqc motors should help you decide

link

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I've just set up a Motek SG2100 and it was one of the easy parts (the physical part not the tuning) ;) Solid looking and under £50. Finding due south was a little bit harder....

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I have to say that personally, I wouldn't consider a DiSEqC motor for a 1.1m dish above the gutter line. More expensive and a bit of a pain in the butt, but the best way to go would be a good 36v motor.

Just my opinion.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Id have to agree with BGs comment. If you can fit a 36V outdoor kit, and drive it using a VBox or similar.

Out of ten DiSEqC motors I have fitted in three years, Ive had to return to nine to carry out realignment, and in four cases replace them completely when excess play has become apparent. This includes the Motek and so its not completely bulletproof.

Manhattan is a brand name, not a manufacturer, so you will find it is the same as another make but with the surcharge for the name