which dreambox image ? help !

darklord06

Reaction score
hello,

I just got my dreambox 500 today and i have tried to install several images (Hydra phoenix108, Hydra DM500 B1image, gemini 1.05...) and i have nerver been able to decode even after putting the softcam.key under /var/tmp and /var/k*ys and changing the file attribute to 755) i finally tried with the Fix & foxi image, and so far it only works with like half the tps channels, anybody could advise me a SIMPLE image that would work right after putting the softcam files ? thank you

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you read the Idiot's guide? It tells you where to put the keys.

In Gemini you have an on screen menu to install newcamd (or other emus but you will only have space for one on a 500 unless you use nfs or cifs to mount your pc drive).

You then need to FTP the keys to the correct folders for the emu that you use (var/keys and var/scce for a DB500s). Not just sofcam.key but all the keys.

Flash the image before doing any emu installs and reboot after installing emu and keys.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes, I think that the Gemini is the most popular, the most straightforward, and the easiest to update. I would advise getting back to that image and trying a good old key-update session. If you then can't open something, come back with specifics and we'll fix you up. :D

darklord06

Reaction score
I finally installed the hydra phenix image again, and after connecting the dream 500 to my modem/router, I downloaded everything I needed, works great now !

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the Dark Side! ;)

1066ben

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky hd.
My Location
Hastings uk
Hi there i am new to this and getting more lost. Can someone give me a links for the idiots guide. I am at the points of buying a dreambox already set up but they want twice as much for the box and £10 amonth. Call me tight but I want to avoid this
Regards Ben