which DVB-t cards?

lean_moha

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at adding a dvb-t card or usb to my system. I'm currently using a Pinnacle PCTV Sat-CI version 1 card (TwinHan compatible) and though I'm not entirely happy about buying it and replacing the AverMedia DVB-s card I originally had, because for some reason I thought I needed to have a CI-slot turns out i don't but anyhows there you go.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone know which card I should get I would like something which supports iteractive servises, (you know for UK views its the Red Botton).

Also I'd like the card to allow video-in so I can connect my VCR and other other things to it. I'ld ideally like a usb version, though I yet to come across one that does this. I've run out of space at the back of my pc though I think I'v got a spare pci slot, so I may have to remove my fax modem and buy an external one. Besides I'm scared of running onto a power shortage.

I don't know if power is the reason but at time when I boot up my system just before windows gets into the login screen the DVB-s card is turned off. I'm so upset about the card that I'm inclinded to blame as being shoddy even its not. I'm running WinXP MCE SP2 and have a 450watt psu.

One of the main reasons I regret ditching my AverMedia DVB-s is because I had everything but the CI slot.

I've come accross the Jetway card on ebay as well as the avermedia cards but the prices are just too high for me at the moment. I mean I can get a freeview box for les than these peices of plastic and metal that sit in the pc. Arte there other cards out there that give me these two things and hopefully cost less?

By the way are there top-up tv compatable dvb-t cards

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
By the way are there top-up tv compatible dvb-t cards

You can get Top Up TV on all the Nebula DigiTV and Hauppauge Nova-T products using "Poor Man's CAM".

http://joshyfun.peque.org/PMCAM2/

The old Nova-T PCI is the cheapest card with the best software support but they are out of production now so you will have to try and track down a second hand one [ EBay £20 ]

The DEC2000-T is quite nice because it can work as a standalone STB but it has bad software support, can't get Top Up TV, and will be superseded soon.

The Nebula DigiTV card has the best tech support and features [ it is the ONLY card that support UK interactive services ] but it costs a packet.

Let me know if you want any help setting up Top Up TV,

Cheers,
Nick.

moyhim

Reaction score
i wudnt mind help with top up tv, i have a win nova-t usb, is there anyway i could emulate this cam and watch top up tv?

thanks in advance

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
Hi,

First off you need a DVB program that supports multidec API SoftCAMs.

ProgDVB works with the old Nova-T USB and its free at the moment:

www.progdvb.com

There are loads of SECA2 softcams that work with Top Up TV, if you want to use a real smartcard you will need a phoenix interface cardreader:

http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/elv-phoenix.html

[or £10 on EBay]

and a MediaGuard / SECA2 CAM emulator called "Poor Man's CAM" :

http://joshyfun.peque.org/PMCAM2/

I've been using this system since Top UP TV launched and it work perfectly.

Let me know if you need any help,
Cheers, Nick.