which file where?

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Can anyone please tell me which file goes where when programming silver / fun cards with 5in1 or 6in1 files using a vx4fun programmer for a patched 5400z?

Thanks pixey

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For arguments sake Pixey, let's say that you are programming a fun card, so you are in the fun/atmel section.

There will in most cases be two files, not three, although there is a facility for programming an internal Eeprom.

The Flash file could be called almost anything, but does quite often have flash in the file name. The Eeprom, normally has Eeprom in the file name, so you can use a process of elimination.

If it is similar to the Elvis, then you load both files and then press program and Voila.

PS. I would use the Dave M files to start off with as they are very clearly marked and well documented, if there is a choice of flash files, use the ones with the H (Humax) prefix and not the Fr (Freecam) ones

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Thanks Rolfw, I will let you know how I get on.

pixey

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Rolfw, does that mean that the flash file is the code file and the eprom file is the data file, because with the vx software it says code file first and data file 2nd??

pixey

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes is the simple answer to that, try it the way the program asks for it and see what happens. The Eeprom is external so doesn't need to programmed through another chip like on the pic card.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Hi again.

I am using the davem files and a couple of others looking at astra1, rtl5 for the football and all I am getting is "invalid card".
I have tried ds9 files on a silver card and am getting the same thing. Any ideas??

pixey

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
davem_fun6in1_120802.zip is the one that I believe works at the moment, getting clear RTL5 at the moment, 2-0 to Arsenal by the way.

PS. Just tried the DS9-Strsh and works fine as well.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Thanks Rolfw, I managed to get it working for the last 35 mins of the game, but I am not sure how?? I tried several different files including ds9 silver and 5/1 6/1 fun but none of them worked. The last file I tried was a silver file, ds9v4[1][1].1 fun-180802.zip which did not work straight off. I went looking on another bird without any luck, was about to call it a day when I changed back to rtl5 and a clear picture appeared. I am puzzled but pleased to have it working at the moment.
Thanks for your continued support.

pixey

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You do need to leave some of them for 15 minutes or so for them to update, then they'll work OK, sorry, should have said that first.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Does that mean every time the card is removed it could take 15 mins to update or just each time it is re-programmed?

pixey

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I think just when its been reprogrammed.