Which Football team do you hate most??

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
This is the flip side of the great football team poll.

Here you can vote once for the team you most hate and dispise. As with the other poll, if you can't find the team you hate let me know.

Now, how many chances of the same team topping both polls :D :D :D ???

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Hate Arsenal with a vengance. Just can't graciously accept defeat and have to have a whinge. :D

P.S. 4-2!!!!!!! :D :D :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Not ignoring the thread but the answer is none particularly. Have 2 or 3 faves and the rest take 'em or leave 'em.

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
Chelski, for reasons only too obvious :rolleyes:

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
jimbo said:
Not ignoring the thread but the answer is none particularly. Have 2 or 3 faves and the rest take 'em or leave 'em.

Thats ok as well. This is why I have put the last two positions of the post in :D . Did you choose one?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
toke
It's only a game !!!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
T_G said:
Thats ok as well. This is why I have put the last two positions of the post in :D . Did you choose one?
I have now :-ohmy

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
This is very intriguing: More people have voted on the "Hate" Poll than on the "Love" poll....

blackninja

Reaction score
It's gotta be Man U. It's not jealousy by the way - more the fact that when Liverpool were winning everything in the seventies (so I'm told) and eighties all the media could do is go on and on about some crappy club from Stretford, who apart from one 2nd place finish were a big steaming pile of s**t in the league. Oh and there's also the fact that they've had every refereeing decision going for the past 12 years - don't even get me started on that one.

Glad I got that off my chest. By the way Man U fans when you've won 6 more league titles and 3 more European Cups then come back to us claiming to be the most successful team in Britain.

Sorry bout that - I just can't think of anything I hate more than Man U and this poll got me going.

By the way: why include Tranmere on the list? Exactly who hates Tranmere?

gfcc1

Reaction score
all the premier clubs they are killing the smaller clubs overpaid players overated premier league!!!!!!!!! watch the real football league

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
gfcc1 said:
all the premier clubs they are killing the smaller clubs overpaid players overated premier league!!!!!!!!!

...But at least you dont have to stand around in knee-deep mud and cheer on a team in green and orange diamond shirts!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
blackninja said:
It's gotta be Man U. It's not jealousy by the way - more the fact that when Liverpool were winning everything in the seventies (so I'm told) and eighties all the media could do is go on and on about some crappy club from Stretford, who apart from one 2nd place finish were a big steaming pile of s**t in the league. Oh and there's also the fact that they've had every refereeing decision going for the past 12 years - don't even get me started on that one.

Glad I got that off my chest. By the way Man U fans when you've won 6 more league titles and 3 more European Cups then come back to us claiming to be the most successful team in Britain.

Sorry bout that - I just can't think of anything I hate more than Man U and this poll got me going.

By the way: why include Tranmere on the list? Exactly who hates Tranmere?

Therethere glad you got it off your chest. You'd be feeling better now :p This is exactly what this poll is about!

Regarding Tranmere: Well, I tried to include every team in both polls and I thought it would not be fair on the other teams not to include them...

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
*blackninja

I'm guessing that you're not old enough to remember the Munich disaster. You might feel differently about Manchester United (that's right, not Man U, as the poseurs would have us believe) if you'd stood on the terraces before almost all the first team was killed. Don't hold the fans or the players responsible for what the Meeja has done to the Club.

It may be cool to support United but, in my opinion, if you've not been inside Old Trafford, you're not a fan. Nor should you swallow that crap about the 'real Mancunians' supporting City; it's another urban myth, probably generated by someone who's not been north of Watford and thinks that Lancashire is populated by people wearing clogs and eating tripe butties for dinner.

Yes, Liverpool have won a lot of silverware and all credit to them, but they can't expect their achievements of 30 years ago to carry them now. Even so, I'd like to see them do better. Better than Arsenal, anyway.

No one hates Tranmere because, like Port Vale, nobody knows where it is.

LOL

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
wolsty said:
It may be cool to support United but, in my opinion, if you've not been inside Old Trafford, you're not a fan.

Whooooooooooaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I'm with Nismo400R. If there was a cup for whingeing, bleating, niggling, acting, diving, bad sportsmanship, provocation and what is generally known as 'bringing the game into disrepute', Arsenal would have it perpetuity. And doesn't the FA take it all so seriously?

blackninja

Reaction score
wolsty said:
*blackninja

I'm guessing that you're not old enough to remember the Munich disaster. You might feel differently about Manchester United (that's right, not Man U, as the poseurs would have us believe) if you'd stood on the terraces before almost all the first team was killed. Don't hold the fans or the players responsible for what the Meeja has done to the Club.

Hope you didn't get the wrong impression there - I wasn't for one second disrespecting the memories of those who died in Munich, which even though it was some 20+ years before I was born is still a tragedy both for the players and their families, and for English football in general (Duncan Edwards being a good example). However I still believe my reasons for disliking Man Utd are valid - even you can't deny that they've had pretty much every refereeing decision going for the past 12 or so years. Oh and some of my best mates are Man Utd fans, so no I don't hate their fans (who the hell would I have to argue with if they were all Liverpudlians!)

It may be cool to support United but, in my opinion, if you've not been inside Old Trafford, you're not a fan. Nor should you swallow that crap about the 'real Mancunians' supporting City; it's another urban myth, probably generated by someone who's not been north of Watford and thinks that Lancashire is populated by people wearing clogs and eating tripe butties for dinner.

I realise that Liverpool are the second worst team for having fans outside their local area. I also realise that there are quite a few Man Utd fans in the Greater Manchester area. But I think stats have shown that the majority of the actual city of Manchester are Man City supporters, although most of the likes Salford, Sale and Stretford are Man Utd supporters. See what you mean about the northern stereotypes - a southern friend of mine was genuinely shocked when he cam up here - he honestly believed it was all chimneys n' cloth caps!

Yes, Liverpool have won a lot of silverware and all credit to them, but they can't expect their achievements of 30 years ago to carry them now. Even so, I'd like to see them do better. Better than Arsenal, anyway.

Not like a Liverpool fan to go on about the past but our period of dominance actually ended about 14 years ago, not 30. The point I was making was that whilst the league doesn't lie and Man Utd have been the best team in England 7(?) of the past 11 seasons, I can't believe that certain Man Utd fans harp on about being the most successful team in British football when they're clearly not.

No one hates Tranmere because, like Port Vale, nobody knows where it is.

LOL

You've got a point with Port Vale but the I think the 'Wirral' logos on Tranmere's shirts might be a slight clue to where they're from, don't you think?

(Just noticed you've put every team up there haven't you? D'oh!)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As I have said in an earlier thread, I find it strange that someone can actually hate a football team, I can understand if they dislike the current manager, or perhaps think that some of the players are dishonest or guilty of dangerous or dirty play, but to actually hate the team? Strange.

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
* blackninja

I certainly didn't interpret your comments as disrespectful. I'm well aware of the injustice done to Liverpool by the Sun newspaper, so I'd not want to adopt a similarly crass approach by accusing you of such a thing. But I did intend to draw attention to my belief that much of the dislike for United stems from the way in which the Media draw attention to the Club. Proper fans have an entirely different view to the populist nonsense pedalled by the tabloids.

Maybe there are more fans of City than United; I'd not want to argue on that. I simply wanted to point out that the widely circulated rumour about all 'true Mancunians' supporting the blue team is another invention. Probably by one of those Southern Jessies who like to patronise Northerners. As a Manc born and bred and a United supporter, from a family of United supporters, I can confirm that there's plenty of natives who support the Reds.

OK. I stand corrected on when Liverpool's golden age ended. It just seems longer than 14 years. And you can't expect me to believe that United always get the benefit of the ref's decision, although I'll concede that Spurs supporters could be forgiven for thinking so. How do you define best? Most trophies? most consistent? richest? I'd not argue against Liverpool's claim to be one of the best, but United's certainly have just as good a case.

Yes. I agree. The Wirral logo is a giveaway.

* Rolf

It's tribalism. Pure and simple. Who cares about reason when team loyalty's at stake?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
wolsty said:
...one of those Southern Jessies...

LOL, now you've started something...! :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
The only thing I've got against Manure is that three quarters of their supporters tend to block up the M25 around London for their home games.

On the question of diving for penalties, Wolsty overlooked horse face at Highbury last season (saved) and Rooney at OT this season (scored). Oh and Arsenal were denied a genuine penalty against them at Highbury this season by 'the best refereee on the planet'.