Which football team?

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
MAN UTD off course

I go as much as i can get and afford tickets (3 sons in the process of being confirmed supporters) brainwashing em :rolleyes: ,UTD, besides women, beer,and family, theres nothing else in life ;) ;)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
We are all entitled to an opinion I suppose :rolleyes:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is that like a church confirmation Dave, with little wafers and a bottle of wine. :D

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I have the child lock set on MUTV so my son never sees, bad football...

Come on Leeds.....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Come on lads, this thread is supposed to be about who you support and not who you don't support. ;)

PS. I think that Ealing Broadway reserves are crap. :D

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Ok I did like Leeds, way back..

Now....MU.....But don't like to tell too many about this.

Also some of the teams who have come up to the Prem in the last 2 years have caught my eye.....we need teams like this...Because they are fighting for their lives and playing good stuff.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Oooh I feel a song comming on! Glooooory glory glory glooooooooory....now where have I heard that? :D

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Going to show my age but I don't care as I have supported Fulham since 1959.
In those days it was Haynes, Cohen, and Jimmy Hill (yes he really did play football, well just). Relagated twice in two years, FA Cup Final in 75, to the depths of the Fourth Division (you can't say that we didn't get around).
Now thanks to the grocer from Harrod's, 2nd division champs, and 1st division as well.
Third season in the premership and not doing to bad, even without Saha we will be alright, might even beat Chelsea one-day !

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Razor said:
I have the child lock set on MUTV so my son never sees, bad football...

Come on Leeds.....
SET TO MUFC channel AND NOTHING ELSE :)
surely you should let him watch Discovery "its educational"
:) :) :) :)

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
BUD bigR, and those pies (why do they taste like last years) every week.
If they DENY THE FAITH, they will be excomunicated , and cut out of my will, (fargall init anyway) but would deprive em of pocket money, nasty git aint i,

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well as a Chelsea supporter I got to say I remember in the seventy's going over in a crowd to Fulham when Chelsea were away to help em out, so to speak (us southern folk down here are like that Burnt Chips) as we support each other sort off! But then again it is my favourite sport and I am behind a team that wins or loses or gets relegated as I am not in it for the glory.....or though Chelsea this season has me tongue in cheek!....BUT however! I can remember going up the 'shed' to cheer em on when they where in division two!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
No that it is an excuse, but I was a ManU fan BEFORE they won all those titles. Back then there was a long spell without silverware, and now I bloody enjoy every minute of it. As a matter of fact, even when they play bad (and win) I DON"T CARE. I manage to see good things in every game, even if we (I am a shareholder... :D ) loose.
Now all I can say, all the clubs and fans that hate/blast ManU should try to think how comes the club is so successful...Blackburn in the early 90'ies spend a shitload of money, won once and went down...Leeds spent a shitload of money and were almost there, and are now going down as well, sadly. The club is just managed beautifully, the youth system is producing the spine of the team, many players stay for a very long time without problems and money is (usually) well spent. That's all. A good example to all of us. And now I am off to watch Arsenal V Middlesbrough on ITV!!! Viva Football!!!! O-Ha

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
T_G said:
No that it is an excuse, but I was a ManU fan BEFORE they won all those titles. Back then there was a long spell without silverware, and now I bloody enjoy every minute of it. As a matter of fact, even when they play bad (and win) I DON"T CARE. I manage to see good things in every game, even if we (I am a shareholder... :D ) loose.
Now all I can say, all the clubs and fans that hate/blast ManU should try to think how comes the club is so successful...Blackburn in the early 90'ies spend a shitload of money, won once and went down...Leeds spent a shitload of money and were almost there, and are now going down as well, sadly. The club is just managed beautifully, the youth system is producing the spine of the team, many players stay for a very long time without problems and money is (usually) well spent. That's all. A good example to all of us. And now I am off to watch Arsenal V Middlesbrough on ITV!!! Viva Football!!!! O-Ha

Is that so.....so what about sir Matt Busby then? The figure that Sir Alex Ferguson models himself on! did'nt Matt Busby acheive anything? or are you to young to remember 1969? ( the team won a cup final and that was the year Matt retired ) and what about players like Denis Law and of course George Best who played in the seventy's......I thinks you should look up Man U's History as they have a fluent track record of winning titles! of which I can say remember very well! I must say though I have some friends in Manchester and they all support City!...Strange that!.....and as for a share holder you will never get rich putting your money into football clubs (even Man U) you should sell them and wait for a windfall like Amersham or even put it into Easy Jet as their target is £5.00 per share!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
waverider said:
I must say though I have some friends in Manchester and they all support City!...Strange that!
That's because Man U supporters don't live in Manchester. They block up the M25 returning from home games. :rolleyes:

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
LOL...that is so right jimbo:D could'nt have said it better m8

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Whooooaaaa Waverider put on the brakes serious missunderstanding there!!!!!
1) Of course there is the glorious past of ManU, but I was too young to remember, not to say we did not have the luxury of TV in my youth. All I can talk about is from what I have seen or experienced myself. What I meant by the whole thing is that people attack ManU and say they only win because they are rich bla bla bla, what I am trying to say is 1) that the club was not always as rich as today 2) Even if it was relatively rich in the past compared to other teams it did not mean instant results, hence the longish period without a title before SAF came in 3) Regarding the shareholder thing: Pi** off for suggesting I am in it for the money. I would have thought that you with a name like, "The Football Mad Salty Sea Dog!" , would understand what it means for a fan to own a piece of his club. I would never do this for profit! And just to finish it off: I have bought a very very small amount of shares mainly for the "feeling", but also as with those shares in my possession I was able to join Shareholder United to fight off all sorts of money greedy b******* trying to take over the club.

And yes, I don't live in Manchester and probably never will. So f****** what. Still a fan as good as one can be :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well thats your opinion and your welcome to it!....Myself I would love to see the day when all clubs are financially sound in the top divisions, especially the Premiership and to be able to experience the unique feeling of uncertainty two thirds through the season which club would end up finishing top....then there would be some really good football and we would then know who the loyal fans were!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yep, that would be nice, wouldn't it ? But in this world, this is never going to happen for all the clubs....I wish there were at least 3 more teams other than Arsenal who really want to do it, that would be a big improvement on the current situation.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
I totally agree with you there m8....and although I live in the London area and back the London clubs, last night I was cheering on Middlesbrough! as it makes a good change for the under dogs to win and definatly a good entertaining match which M/Brough deserved to win....That's the kind of footy I like TG

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hmm I did back MBoro too for this game...but in the finals I think I'm behind Bolton. There is just something about Big Sam that I like.