Which football team?

elgin eagle

Reaction score
Crystal Palace for my sins, I must have been really bad in a previous life O-no But at least I watched them win on Saturday, 6-3 against Stoke! Defenders, what are they? :cool:

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well normally their there to prevent strikers from taking shots at goal :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Aaaah I see m8......the manager had a cunning plan! the keeper was really the centre half :D

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m ? dish pole mounted in back garden, bigsat hh motor mount, 0.2db universal single lnb, technomate 1000c1, viaccess 2.5 cam, 1yr art subs card
My Location
n.ireland
just a point to waverider if its such a bad thing for united to have so many fans from different places then how come your team "CHELSEA" have gone to so much trouble to poach peter kenyon from man u so that they can spread and try to get a bigger worldwide fanbase just like man u

i'm from n.ireland where the football is s**t and the fans spend more time singing sectarian songs at each other even at international matches which is why i no longer go to them so i have to satisfy my love for football elsewhere
i started supporting man u in 1977 because the girl who used to take me on the bus to primary school supported them and gave me a scarf and apart from the odd fa cup here and there inc 1977 we were not that successful until the trophys started coming for fergie with the fa cup in 1990 ,13 years later so it wasnt a glory thing with me its just the first team i was introduced to
but i annoys me a bit when im in manchester and i read in fanzines and even hear opposing supporters sing about non manchester , man u fans because it costs me round about £250 every time i go to see a match (which is as many times a season as i can afford) and ive even packed in a job because i didnt want to miss a match so for any person from manchester to suggest they are any more of a fan than me is a joke i wish i had the luxury of living beside the stadium and paying £25 for every match
quite simply united fans from manchester should be proud that they have armies of fans from all over the world because all the other teams whose fans love to taunt are only wishing that it was the case for them also
one last thing city fans are the quickest of all to taunt us yet when we played them in the fa cup last week they did not have one english player in their side
double standards eh.;)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
@ fersy...I have to say first of all I do not dislike ANY football team or club in the UK! and any banter on various clubs here is not aimed at being spitefull but just a bit of humour! Yes I am a Chelsea supporter and was still visiting Stamford bridge in the seventy's when CFC were relegated to the 2nd div (and so what!).....I also have respect for Arsenal as I am a frequent visitor there, being a member of the L.F.C.A where I regularly speak to the likes of Alan Smith, Bob Wilson & Lez Read etc.....you will find on this site unlike the average football fan forum..... comments on various clubs is just for a bit of light hearted good fun! so all have to say to you is chill out and join in :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
fersy said:
one last thing city fans are the quickest of all to taunt us yet when we played them in the fa cup last week they did not have one english player in their side
double standards eh.;)
Fowler, McManaman, Wright-Phillips, James?? Where are they from then? :rolleyes:

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Hang on a mo Jimbo......would that be England? :D

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m ? dish pole mounted in back garden, bigsat hh motor mount, 0.2db universal single lnb, technomate 1000c1, viaccess 2.5 cam, 1yr art subs card
My Location
n.ireland
waverider i wasn't taking it thick just adding my tuppence worth and jimbo i apologise what i meant to say was manchester players and not english players

besides with the exception of wright phillips who is very good i'd hardly call any of the other 3 "players" lol is it man city or liverpool city

but on a more serious note roy keane is a prat ive just been watching the porto game and all i can say is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

there glad ive got that out of my system:D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
@ fersy....I can understand the connection and why the Irish support MU i.e George Best etc! but Roy keane has had no thought on the implications and wriiten a book in detail about dirty play, when he runs onto the pitch now he has a plaque above his head saying " hey ref watch my next tackle" which they do :D....bit stupid there our Roy.... should have wrote it when he retired!........but bless him! although he shouts, cusses and intimindates his team mate's on the pitch to stamp his authority he will never in my mind be as good as the great George Best.......I rest my case!

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
i agree but at the end of the day they both had (and still have) the very irritating tendency to press the self destruct button regularly we already have gary neville and rio ferdinand suspended and silvestre injured so roy decides he's going to set an example to all the younger players he was preaching to in the papers the other day by getting himself banned for 3 games when we are already in trouble
and to make matters worse quinton fortune hasn't been banned all season:D
talk about rotten luck:D

ps. having seen the diving from the porto players 2nite and in the uefa cup final against celtic im not sure i could keep my cool against them either

oh well theres always the return leg maybe fortune will get banned before that, i can only hope:D

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
also good result 2nite against stuttgart;)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
waverider said:
Hang on a mo Jimbo......would that be England? :D
LOL, Nope, planet Mars WR. :D

Btw Roy Keane ...the one who gets really annoyed at other players lack of effort and committment. Is he by any chance related to the one who threw away his dummy and walked out on his country's football team and his colleagues ...just as the world cup was starting. :rolleyes:

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
@ fersy...yes thanks m8.....but also a sad night as CR is himself now saying he might be sacked!.....I really hate that arsehole bates...if only he would bugger off and throw his spanners in the works else where!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
@ Jimbo....yep you are right there.....and if R K had'nt throw'n his toys out of the pram, Ireland could have gone further!

fersy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
it's a shame whats happening with ranieri cos i dont think hes had long enough to get the team gelled together fully yet anyone would struggle to get so many new faces to play like a team so quickly

not sure i agree with the rk point though guys he was certainly an a**ehole alright but i think the reason ireland did so well was because they were proving a point after he left and if anything i think it may have made them play better

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
waverider said:
@ fersy...yes thanks m8.....but also a sad night as CR is himself now saying he might be sacked!.....I really hate that arsehole bates...if only he would bugger off and throw his spanners in the works else where!
Bates is a loathsome creature...not many ppl make me feel sick without knowing them but he does. 'O'-red

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
@ fersy well what ever your opinion on R k m8...he is still a quality player!...it's just his dirty side I don't like.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
@ Jimbo....To right m8...when Neil Harding got killed, Batsy thought the world was his oyster!...trouble is when you are a gready b*stard like Bates sooner or later you trip up...and he nearly did and nearly put Chelsea in the same situation as Leeds are today....Hail R A! :D