Which football team?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Let us know which football team you support and how you decided that was 'your team'. Do you go to watch regularly or prefer the armchair view? :)

I'll start.

I've been an avid Watford supporter for 40 years, season ticket holder for many of those but not this season, for the first time in ages. Been to a few games this season. Just decided to go along with a friend all those years ago and loved the colours (red/black/yellow). That was it, hooked. Not much red in evidence at the moment. Highlights were the 1984 cup final, fininshing second in the old top divison (one) and winning the Divison 1 playoff final at Wembley a few yaers ago. Suffered in the premiership though and went straight down again. Badly affected financially by the demise of On Digital.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well Jimbo as you probably know already, i'm a Chelsea supporter!..used to go up the 'Shed' back in the early 70's...being a footy coach in my spare time though I like and respect most Premiership teams today. I too like the Watford and got interested in them since the Elton John day's. They have had some good managers there too (including Gianluca Vialli)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Used to support Leeds United back in the Revie, Bremner, Gray, Clark, Lorimer, Hunter, Sprake, Charlton, days, but it was never the same when they all left, don't really follow anyone in particular now.

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
liverpool, unfortunately. back when 'pool was THE TEAM, i was mesmerised ... (sigh) those were the days ....

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Chelsea, but really not into spectating sport at all. If I like it, I want to have a go at it.

Something Im rebuilding for this years spare time on the track, it makes a fooking racket (maybe I should take it out the living room before starting it ) :p

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
rolfw said:
Used to support Leeds United back in the Revie, Bremner, Gray, Clark, Lorimer, Hunter, Sprake, Charlton, days, but it was never the same when they all left, don't really follow anyone in particular now.

Yep I remember little Billy Bremner m8, what a star! those where the days of muddy pitches and players with shorts like hotpants...and as recall Leeds then where the team to beat.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yep, used to be called Mighty Leeds, oh how times have changed. :(

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Yes is a crying shame rolfw...and I really hoped David O'leary was gonna really turn Leeds around too!...But like any club their turn round of managers can be as much as the players

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
He can't perform miracles, they sometimes expect too much, but perhaps the managers promise too much.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rolfw said:
He can't perform miracles, they sometimes expect too much, but perhaps the managers promise too much.
It's now the plc's that are causing problems, I feel. Shareholders are looking for returns on their investment and this is an added pressure on the managers to win things.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
With a very few exceptions, if you are looking to get a good return from your money from a football team investment, think again. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
I think the only club to give investers a good return in the last decade was Chelsea after the Russian revolution!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
drag0nfly_69uk said:
come on you scarboro'
ec

The bookies price them at 400-1 so Scarborough are worth risking a gamble of 50p to win!

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
bolton born & bred, thats me and very proud of my boys i am indeed.

millenium stadium here i come.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Watching Northampton V Man U at the moment....I must say although Man U have the pace Northampton have good shape for a non league team!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
I'm watching too, WR. Man U don't look convincing do they?

PS Northampton hit the bar. yeeeeeeessss

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Your right there jimbo and they are playing on a better pitch than Chelsea had yesterday. The Penalty save from Forlan was good, I bet Scholes and the boys took the p*ss out of him at half time! :-)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
waverider said:
Your right there jimbo and they are playing on a better pitch than Chelsea had yesterday. The Penalty save from Forlan was good, I bet Scholes and the boys took the p*ss out of him at half time! :-)
That's true mate. Btw I wonder if Scarborough would have scored from their penalty yesterday. :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Wot u mean the hand ball by Gallas....could have been a goal m8!...but one thing I gotta say is that Northampton have put in a better performance than a lot of premiership teams against M.U....and the man of the match went to the goalkeeper! I recon that was the right choice....he deserved it!...a good story to tell to his kids eh?