Which Gregorian 0.9-1m dish should I go for?

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90cm/55cm, Inverto Black Pro/White Tech, Moteck SG-2100A, Dreamboxes DM7020/DM600/DM800HD
My Location
Zürich/London
UK planning regulations mean that I cannot go over 1m, so I would like to maximize my signal by using a Gregorian.

I've seen the newer (expensive) ones like Master-Focus and Kreiselmeyer (also heard of Müller and Delta Star, not seen them yet though), but I like the look of the discontinued Fibo(stöp). Are the Philips, Grundig, Nokia, SCT and Mediagate Gregorians I've seen, rebranded Fibos?

I've searched, but can't find any for sale, even on eBay! Does anyone know of one for sale in the UK, or Europe even? Don't mind if it is second hand in good condition, as I will need to have it resprayed to match my roof tiles!

Also, I'm looking for a quality pair of 12"(30.5cm) T&K brackets that have been hot dip galvanised AFTER welding; can anyone recommend a source, preferably near London! They will need to be quite strong as the dish will be in a semi-exposed position above the gutter line, meaning that the mounting pole will be about 2m long.

laserquest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Gibertini motorised dish,Titanium 0.2db LNB
My Location
Birmingham UK
What on earth is a gregorian dish?!! (excuse my ignorance)

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
Rav said:
UK planning regulations mean that I cannot go over 1m, so I would like to maximize my signal by using a Gregorian.

I've seen the newer (expensive) ones like Master-Focus and Kreiselmeyer (also heard of Müller and Delta Star, not seen them yet though), but I like the look of the discontinued Fibo(stöp). Are the Philips, Grundig, Nokia, SCT and Mediagate Gregorians I've seen, rebranded Fibos?

I have Philips and Grundig 90cm dishes and a Grundig 120cm, all are Fibo, the diecastings are marked Fibo., and also the ser no. label on the dish. I would think that the others are also.

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90cm/55cm, Inverto Black Pro/White Tech, Moteck SG-2100A, Dreamboxes DM7020/DM600/DM800HD
My Location
Zürich/London
laserquest said:
What on earth is a gregorian dish?!! (excuse my ignorance)

h**p://www.andrew.com/search/docviewer.aspx?docid=6829

johnsattuk, you lucky bug*er! ;)

I thought they looked exactly the same!

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Norwegian Tandberg is also a rebranded Fibo,seen a lot of them here in Sweden.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I got two Fibo 90cm, one is brand new in box, never used, thinking of selling it so you can PM me if you are interested.

Rav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Zürich/London
Likvid, you have a PM.