Which HD box ?

RobinB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky box, 1.9M dish
My Location
Spain - Near Alicante
Hi

I am looking for a freesat HD box for use in Spain.

Looking at what has been posted the bush apparently comes out well.

Is there any indepth reviews of the different boxes ?

Also is the bush box for sale as it has being shown as out of stock on argos website.

Where can you get one from ?

thanks

andyw37

SkysNotTheLimit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tring 90cm & Viasat
My Location
Moscow
I prefer the Humax HD, this manufacturer to me has always had the best picture quality in the satellite industry, just a little expensive.

They are available at most Come^z.Remember it is early days and these receivers will only get better( and cheaper).:)

Bush? thats the best place for it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The last Bush products I bought was a batch of 12 Freeview boxes, every one showed faults within a week of installation and all had to be returned, as did apparently the whole pallet.

RobinB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky box, 1.9M dish
My Location
Spain - Near Alicante
Normally I would not by bush products because of these concerns.

Certainly the humax box looks good & has a good reputation, also I like the fact it displays a channel number on the front.

Though I note a posting saying the bush had much better reception characteristics as it was designed by echostar which again is a good company.

Has anyone else tried the bush box and have any comments on it ?

thanks

wildebed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD
My Location
NE UK
Strikes me that something like a technomate would be a lot more versatile because of the patches available -this would of course depend upon whether you wanted to fit a multi LNB or a motor.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I would recommend the Technomate 6800HD (without terrestrial digital tuner) or the 6900HD (with digital terrestrial tuner) as these are very versatile boxes. You can do loads of stuff with them (really easy as well via a USB memory stick) and the PQ is brilliant in my opinion...

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
Humax gets my vote over the Bush. (should have full stocks of all receivers from Monday)

RobinB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky box, 1.9M dish
My Location
Spain - Near Alicante
hi

I had a look at specs (Technomate 6900HD), looks quite good but maybe a bit off overkill for what i need.

Can this box receive all the freesat channels (ITV, seems to be a problem ) ?

How good is it in fringe reception areas (Spain). ?

thanks

Robin...

ebob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NOne
My Location
SCOTLAND
I would recommend the homecast hs 5101 the picture is superb and the sound excellent very fast response receiver in channel change it is recommended by Dr Dish a test report is on you tube just google Dr Dish homecast hs 5101 and have a look , good support ,I had the humax hd2000 not in the same class imo. :):)

Please remove this link above it keeps appearing when I post

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ebob said:
I would recommend the homecast hs 5101 the picture is superb and the sound excellent very fast response receiver in channel change it is recommended by Dr Dish a test report is on you tube just google Dr Dish homecast hs 5101 and have a look , good support ,I had the humax hd2000 not in the same class imo. :):)

Please remove this link above it keeps appearing when I post

Not actually a FREESAT box though. I watched the Dr Dish video. The receiver looks very easy to use but the receiver is lacking in two main respects: No USB port and only 4000 channel storage.

Robbo:)

ebob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NOne
My Location
SCOTLAND
Robbo71 said:
Not actually a FREESAT box though. I watched the Dr Dish video. The receiver looks very easy to use but the receiver is lacking in two main respects: No USB port and only 4000 channel storage.

Robbo:)
The new model has usb ,How many channels do you watch? :):):)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
On a multisat system, 4000 channels is not enough.

PS. Removed the phrase xcen > esRAltavista from your last post and two links to our index page, are you saying that you didn't type any of that? If not, then you seriously need to get your PC checked for a virus or Trojan.

ebob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NOne
My Location
SCOTLAND
It only happens when I post on this forum.

I use linux very few viruses or trojans ? :)