Which image do you prefer?

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Does anyone have any comments on the unofficial software images?

I've been trying out a version of Hydra7000. It can do all sorts of wonderful things but it seems easy to crash. Zapping through channels rapidly with the arrow keys on the remote control seems to be one of the actions that causes the box to freeze. The only thing to do when this happens is unplug the box, wait a few seconds and then plug back into the mains. It's a pity that Dream doesn't provide a mains switch on the front panel!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Easysat

I have a Hydra image in my 5620, I do have a different problem, that is if I flip through the channels, I sometimes loose the encryption. Then I have to reboot and it is back on. I am thinking of making a special switch on the mains ccable that will allow me to disconnect it without having to do acrobatics.
Also, I want to test other images before jumping to conclusions. It could be that flipping fast with the EMU operating is too much for the box.
One image that seems to be very popular in this German site I am visiting is their own version called I-Have-A-Dreambox.de , this one was downloaded 4000 + times, so it must be good. But the site is in German....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm using

BlackCannon v3 - 03/06/04
SF team based image

On my 7000s.

- Newcamd cardserver Tng 5.05 (NEW!! With FULL support of Sky Italy!!!)
- SkyCam by Tiger00 (Latest one, very fast and with external seca2 keys!!)
- FreeX (but not actually working on any image)

- Full setup screen for Tng 5.05 now available
- Emus can be switched through Plugins window (for maximum stability)
- Full k*ys updated today (03-06-04)
- Removed old dreamflash built-in by SF team
- Now *Full* compatible with latest DreamFlash 1.3b (this image can also be used as base 107_4 flash image with DreamFlash 1.3b and FlashWizard)
- Italian language included
- LAN Network full configured and enabled even at first boot (default addr. 192.168.0.24)

Very nice image. :)

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I'll have to give the BlackCannon image a try, Rolf. Just recently I've been testing the SF Team sf_img_v32_0904 which is nicely behaved.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the only thing is that I have yet to get it working on anything other that Sky Italia, apparently it does work, but haven't had a chance to fiddle with it. :)

Gerry55

Reaction score
I`m new to the DreamBox, the first image I installed was a SF one, worked Ok but crashed from time to time, then Twister x3 it opens all channels that can be opened, is fast to change channels and I`m not sure I need any other image, though I had thought about the BlackCannon v3 one but why fix it if it isn't broke.

I also heard that there won`t be any more updates for Twister now that's a pity

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't tried that one Gerry55, sounds good though. :)

zuper

Reaction score
I've just ordered my dreambox so can't share any experience yet. Has anyone tried any PeterPan Images?

Oh- and do people install one image or multiple?