Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremiah

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
amd sempron 64 3000+ system
My Location
UK
My vote is for Deep Space nine which is by far the best Star Trek series. Although this is no doubt due to Paramount executives ripping off JMS' Babylon 5 When they had the "Babylon 5 bible" for six months during the late Eighties. I think I like it because it's the least Star Trek like series being darker, having more story continuation and three-dimensional characters.

Having recently watched a lot of the original series on sci-fi UK it had some very good stories and interesting ideas even though its highly dated. Definitely would have been a terrific show in its day.

Enterprise and Voyager are both extremely weak and both deserved cancellation long before fans of the series consider they got good. Personally I liked the new direction of the third series of Enterprise. However I felt all the good work done was then thrown away with a completely naff time-travel story at the end of the season. Which then led into the "Trekkies" dream season 4 which was awful imho. After years of deliberately trying to distance themselves from Star Trek they rebrand the show Star Trek: Enterprise in a last ditch attempt to draw in the old guard they didn't want at the beginning.

I liked the next generation at the time however the show has dated very badly. I should give this another re run when its next on Sky.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
For UK fans of Star Trek, word is that Virgin 1 which launches later in the year has picked up most of the Star Trek series, so we get to see them again :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Analoguesat said:
For UK fans of Star Trek, word is that Virgin 1 which launches later in the year has picked up most of the Star Trek series, so we get to see them again :D

YAAAAAAYYY!!!! Finally, something for Virgin to rival sky onc.... :D

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat HD (time to join 21st century)
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
Afraid I can't vote as each one of them has their own merits.
Personally, I prefer "Next Generation" but trying to compare it to the others is just impossible. Every series has its memorable moments and the films are just fantastic.

If I must vote for something, it has to be Gene Roddenberry for his fantastic and innovative imagination.:-worship

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
the_happy_traveller said:
If I must vote for something, it has to be Gene Roddenberry for his fantastic and innovative imagination.:-worship

There's a thank you note in one of the Star Trek books (I think the encyclopedia) which goes along the lines of:

"With thanks to Gene Roddenberry, for creating a universe and allowing us all to play in it"

I couldn't have put it better myself... :)

Sptss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5200-usb / Cryptik Motor / Orbital 80cm / Inverto 0.2 lnb...
My Location
Leeds
Lets not forget Next generation guys. Patrick Stewart was pretty dam good in that.

Made the whole series.

P.s Star Trek 2 "The wraith of khan" was sure up there!!!

Regards, SSS

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Without doubt the first one - KIRK. Sorry for the pun but it's timeless. :D

I found the other series unwatchable.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Saturlight said:
Without doubt the first one - KIRK. Sorry for the pun but it's timeless. :D

I found the other series unwatchable.

Where's the pun? :confused

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
2cvbloke said:
Where's the pun? :confused

Star Trek...Time?

Space? Pun?

Anyone?!:-googly:-sugar

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Saturlight said:
Star Trek...Time?

Space? Pun?

Anyone?!:-googly:-sugar

You're thinking of Doctor Who... :p

_http://www.stablesound.co.uk/mp3/tardis_full.mp3
(If that doesn't let you in try this one _http://www.stablesound.co.uk/music.php?from=20 )

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
2cvbloke said:
You're thinking of Doctor Who... :p

_http://www.stablesound.co.uk/mp3/tardis_full.mp3
(If that doesn't let you in try this one _http://www.stablesound.co.uk/music.php?from=20 )

Oh sorry I didn't realise Star Trek was set in a builder's yard :-googly and no mention of time reversal was ever involved. My apologies. :-santa3

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Saturlight said:
Oh sorry I didn't realise Star Trek was set in a builder's yard :-googly and no mention of time reversal was ever involved. My apologies. :-santa3

I still don't get what you mean, have you stopped taking your meds? :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
I thought you were joking. APPARENTLY NOT.

Star Trek is set in the future (time reference); it also dealt with many stories involving time reversal eg, one in particular when Kirk and Co visited earth in the 1920s - a famous episode with Joan Collins. AGAIN, time travel.

So taking that on board, when I said the show was timeless, that was a PUN, because the show does deal with time. It's not as if I was talking about Coronation Street and said that was timeless. Geddit???

A minor pun but a pun all the same. Hope that clears it up. ;)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Saturlight said:
I thought you were joking. APPARENTLY NOT.

Star Trek is set in the future (time reference); it also dealt with many stories involving time reversal eg, one in particular when Kirk and Co visited earth in the 1920s - a famous episode with Joan Collins. AGAIN, time travel.

So taking that on board, when I said the show was timeless, that was a PUN, because the show does deal with time. It's not as if I was talking about Coronation Street and said that was timeless. Geddit???

A minor pun but a pun all the same. Hope that clears it up. ;)

Oh, you meant the endless time-travel (not reversal), I just thought you were confused... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thread & poll now closed
:D

Status