Which is the best image for the Dreambox DM7000?

radioscanner

Reaction score
Hi,

Which is the best image for the Dreambox DM7000?

ie. cam emus, easy key updates over lan, plugins etc.

John.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi radioscanner,

(Which model are you AR8200 perhaps?)

The best thing to do as you have a DM7000S is to set up multiboot on a USB memory stick (128 or 256M:cool:. Then you will be able to try a number of images easily and quickly for yourself.
Use FlashWizard 4.5a/b as your multiboot manager.
Use it to install image '1.08.2-1 public beta' to your Dreambox internal flash memory.
Then plug the memory stick into DB USB port and format/mount it with FW4.5b.
Now you can start by installing the Hydra Zeus and Gemini 103 images and then any others you care to try.
Once installed they are just a reboot away. If an image crashes and will not work, just boot a known good image and delete the duff one. Simple as that!

73 & good luck.

radioscanner

Reaction score
10-4!
Your close...but actually AR3000, AR8000, AR5000+3, SDU5500 ,IC-R3 among other toys.

Now I have added the dreambox to my radio shack its certainly another world..
Iv only had it a few days so Im just getting used to it, I did manage to install a few images, but not managed to decode anything, I tried hydra but couldnt manage to update any keys online...I will try gemini as you sugested.

I have added a 40 gig HD so theres plenty of room to play with.

Thanks for the info.

73s & 10-10 for now.
John.

td03-5 said:
Hi radioscanner,

(Which model are you AR8200 perhaps?)

The best thing to do as you have a DM7000S is to set up multiboot on a USB memory stick (128 or 256M:cool:. Then you will be able to try a number of images easily and quickly for yourself.
Use FlashWizard 4.5a/b as your multiboot manager.
Use it to install image '1.08.2-1 public beta' to your Dreambox internal flash memory.
Then plug the memory stick into DB USB port and format/mount it with FW4.5b.
Now you can start by installing the Hydra Zeus and Gemini 103 images and then any others you care to try.
Once installed they are just a reboot away. If an image crashes and will not work, just boot a known good image and delete the duff one. Simple as that!

73 & good luck.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi radioscanner,

(AR2001/2, AR8200, AR108, R600, FT817 etc!!),

Just to say that although you can run multiboot on HDD there are some advantages to using USB mem stick.
First if something goes horribly wrong with multiboot you can easily unplug the stick and boot the flash image in the DB.
Also you do not have an HDD spinning all the time you are watching TV if multiboot is in the USB stick instead of on HDD. My HDD is just for movies.

73 & good luck.

radioscanner

Reaction score
The HD is actually very quite, but sometimes when it sleeps it can take a few seconds to wake up when you press the remote control.

anyway I installed the Gemini image and was quickly able to get Sky Italy decoded using scam! so Im quite happy.

so which image would you say was the best?
and what channels have you been able to decode?

73s
John.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi scanner,

Sort of varies between Zeus & Gemini at the mo. Gemini wins on the grounds of stability and difficulty in crashing/freezing it. Until their server problems, Hydra were a bit quicker with the updates.
As for emus; with the right keys newcamd 5.27 and scam 2.4 can get just about all a DB can get at the moment. Haven't checked lately but scam had the advantage of Fr**X1/2 and XDr*** that newcamd didn't but newcamd can do n*gr* which scam (at least 2.3c) can't. I switch between these two as necessary, hardly bother about the others (until someone tells me something good about one??). You can set a particular emu for a given channel if you wish (certainly in Gemini and I think Zeus also) or just leave it to use the currently selected emu.

73 & drappy heaming.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
td03-5 said:
Hi scanner,

Sort of varies between Zeus & Gemini at the mo. Gemini wins on the grounds of stability and difficulty in crashing/freezing it. Until their server problems, Hydra were a bit quicker with the updates.
As for emus; with the right keys newcamd 5.27 and scam 2.4 can get just about all a DB can get at the moment. Haven't checked lately but scam had the advantage of Fr**X1/2 and XDr*** that newcamd didn't but newcamd can do n*gr* which scam (at least 2.3c) can't. I switch between these two as necessary, hardly bother about the others (until someone tells me something good about one??). You can set a particular emu for a given channel if you wish (certainly in Gemini and I think Zeus also) or just leave it to use the currently selected emu.

73 & drappy heaming.

Fr**X1/2 and XDr*** gone when I checked last night, but I can't remember if that was 2.3c or 2.4.

radioscanner

Reaction score
Thanks again 4 the info!

I was just wondering if I could use an MMC on a USB card reader instead of the HD?
I wonder if it would be detected the same as a memory stick?

Does anyone know if Taquilla * 30west is available? if so whats the emu?

73s.
John.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi scanner,

Sorry, don't know about 30W, I've only got 13E & 19.2E but T*q on 19.2 is OK with newcamd and newcamd k*ys 06/01 in Gemini image.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Taq's only open on 19.2 ATM (S2).

TV Cabo package open on 30W though (Nag1).

radioscanner

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone know how to get back to the original Dreambox deafualt rel 1.08 ?

I installed HydraZeus.multiboot.img and it appears to have totally taken over!
I have tried a factory reset and formated the HD, I even tried holding down the up key on the box while it boots uo, but it allways boots with hydra! I cant seam to get rid of it.

Help!

John.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
radioscanner said:
Anyone know how to get back to the original Dreambox deafualt rel 1.08 ?

Null modem cable DreamUp erase imgae and then install the base image 1.08 that should do it.

Flash erase on startup.

radioscanner

Reaction score
Thanks for that! I will give it a try.
but its a bit strange that "factory default settings" dosnt do the job?

you would think "factory defaults" means what it says.?

Cheers.
John.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
thats what i did this morning radioscanner, i had zeus on as main image, i just flashed the official image straight over the top :)

then before i did anything else i put my channel listings back on that i had already backed up :) then installed a multiboot menu using flash wizard 4.5, then installed Zeus and gemini too
updated keys and cams, and got all my channels up in no time :)

radioscanner

Reaction score
Hydra wont update over LAN? but Gemini appears to be OK.

do you think running Hydra has any advantages over Gemini?
if so how do I update Hydra without too much trouble?

Cheers.
John.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
radioscanner said:
Hydra wont update over LAN? but Gemini appears to be OK.

Don't know about LAN do you mean the Internet?

Hydra update server has been down a few days now - you could try the replacement Control Panel that points to other servers.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
has anyone else noticed the problem with 1w on gemini?? ie it isnt there???

there is a thor 0.9w but i cant get it to work..
i tuned the dish to 0.9w got a 86% signal went to do a transponder scan?? thor isnt there!!!

radioscanner

Reaction score
Yeh I ment Internet.

When trying to download the new control panel it just says" please wait"
but never updates, so I supose if the server is down then the control panel update wont work either.

There is a lot of talk about a smartcam.config that that updates the links for cam plugins etc ... but I cant find it anywhere?

John.

gameboy said:
Don't know about LAN do you mean the Internet?

Hydra update server has been down a few days now - you could try the replacement Control Panel that points to other servers.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
radioscanner said:
Yeh I ment Internet.

When trying to download the new control panel it just says" please wait"
but never updates, so I supose if the server is down then the control panel update wont work either.

There is a lot of talk about a smartcam.config that that updates the links for cam plugins etc ... but I cant find it anywhere?

John.

OK, just this once.

Make sure you get the correct version, i.e. the cpanel7000.tar.zip for the DM7000s etc.

GONE - Posted elsewhere in this section anyway (sorry, I always was a bit slow...)

I'll be removing this link soon, so get it now.

YOU MUST UNZIP IT FIRST, then copy the resultant file to var/tmp. Create that directory if you have to.

Install it by entering the Addon Manager, then Manual Installation (yellow button).

STICK

Thanks to Hydra team.