Which is the best Sci Fi series...Past and Present

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Evening.

I'm sorry to have to say that I have all 'Voyager' episodes on (actually went into a shop and bought) video.

Alas, I didn't vote for Voyager. Well, I suppose I could do - I could just go back and vote, doh! :rolleyes:

My vote went to 'Blake's 7' :D

There is something so goddamn awful about (sic) BBC set design from that period that it sticks in my mind more so than 7 of 9's pert nipples. :eek:

Apart from Avon (the sci-fi equivalent of Grant Mitchell), er, I don't remember any of the other characters' names. Who was that bad, bad woman (the sci-fi equivalent of Peggy Mitchell/Anthea Turner) ???

Anyone want to buy any Voyager tapes?

Have Fun,

Mark.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Servalan was her name, didnt quite cut the mustart as far as I was concerned as she could have been far more vicious, but then K9 was dropped from Dr Who as he was far too clever.

My favourite character from Blakes 7 was Orac, as it managed to get both Blake and Avon riled almost evry time.

By the way Rolf, Philpaynes post mentioned 'crumpet in tight suits', not norks akimbo, and I dont recall the episode where 7of9 strips completely, what was the storyline ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Channel Hopper mused:

By the way Rolf, Philpaynes post mentioned 'crumpet in tight suits', not norks akimbo, and I dont recall the episode where 7of9 strips completely, what was the storyline ?

In my mind CH, In my mind :D

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Quatermass,was a series on the BBC,and also,i think,three films were made.Does anyone remember,in the tv series,when they had to stuff a dead body up the ventilator shaft to stop deadly gases entering the underground building........you see,i can go back over 40 years,..........1 vote for Quatermass......Brian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There was also another series, similar time as Quatermass, I believe it may have been called Andromeda or something similar, anyone remember it? It centered on a radio telescope signal that made people disappear I think.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Is this the episode Brian

19th November 1955

EPISODE FIVE: "THE FRENZY"
Guest Cast: John Stone, Michael Golden, John Rae, Desmond Jordan, Ian Wilson; Denton de Gray, Martin Lane (Technicians).
Quatermass enters the Plant and sees an alien creature in the slime stored in the food domes. The workers, led by Paddy, revolt and occupy the pumping room to stop the gas flow to the domes, pumping in oxygen. The guards retaliate by using human bodies to block the pipeline.

Broadcast: 2000 - 2030 [Live duration: 31 mins 29 secs]
Repeated: 21st November 1955 2215 - 2245

Jimbo

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Well............It might be...........could you be more specific..................it was a long time ago...............and your memory might not be as good as it was...............Brian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I think that may have been later than 1955 on UK TV, probably another three or four years later, because I watched that series and I was older than threeeeeee . :)

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
God you must all be Rich down south,
We never had a Tele till 1965, (and it was Shite that was on)
then about 68 we got a bbc2 tv (posh) and used to watch High Chapperel (must have been this got me into sat) anyway watch this and Flash Gordon (in fact i remember tv going off around 10.)
Loved Dr who,Fireball xl5,stingray,(shameingly still watch thunderbirds) Still get a bit of movement in me draws when i c lady pen.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, always helped if your dad was a TV engineer and could build his own. :) The first one only had something like a nine inch screen abd was the size of a bureau though and my dad brought it 5 miles out of town lashed to his push bike and then assembled it at home over a couple of weeks.

Lady Penelope ??????? Thought you Mancs didn't like posh birds ;)

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Yea (for a change a bit of posh goes down well) The first colour
Tv we had was a plastic screen that stuck 2 yer tube, It was a laugh watching peeps with green heads. I also built my own tv
it was a baird with a ****ed tube, and a marconi (i think) began
with m, with ****ed power supply & valves. andway after changing tube and many valves (diff combinations) and 1 hell of a SHOCK off those suckers to the tube (didnt know u had to discharge) i got it working 9 years old the world at me feet, only 1 prob picture was upside down. I had that Tv for 10 years
DAVE.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Everyone on this thred is starting to show theyre not too long before free bus rides

(Some may already have got there)

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Originally posted by Channel Hopper
Everyone on this thred is starting to show theyre not too long before free bus rides

(Some may already have got there)
Now hang on a minute YOUNG MAN i meen grass hopper
ive just got a photographic memory of my life when i was a youngSPERM

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Must admit one of the best moves I saw as a kid was the film Quatermass and the Pit, all about the underground and Martians

Excellent special effects and a good line up of stars

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Who will be the first member to tell me the name of the underground station the alien ship was found under,or even the name of the street,it may be the same....................Brian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Could it be

quatermass1.jpg

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Bloody Brilliant! Give that man the pick of the stall..............

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I think the name has conections with Hob-Goblins...............

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire