Which LNB for a Gilbertini 85cm dish?

Mercedes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orange France basic subscription with Livebox & 60cm dish
plus Humax Foxsat HDR for Astra2D, dish & setup TBA
My Location
Franche Comte, France
I am shopping for kit to enable me to pick up Astra 2D from central eastern France so that I can watch the free to air BBC and ITV channels.

My receiver will be a Humax Foxsat PVR.

I think I will be buying this 85cm aluminium Gilbertini offset dish.
_http://www.satshop24.de/cgi-bin/satshop24/iboshop.cgi?show810,893470961175234

Would the Invacom TWF 031 C120 LNB be suitable for use with this dish?

Also, apart from the wall bracket or pole, cables and F connectors, do I need any other parts (e.g. to fix the LNB to the dish) or are the necessary bits included?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum,

All parts should be included for LNb fixing ie. 40mm holder. A standard LNBf should be used with this size dish.

Mercedes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orange France basic subscription with Livebox & 60cm dish
plus Humax Foxsat HDR for Astra2D, dish & setup TBA
My Location
Franche Comte, France
Thanks. Are you saying that all standard LNBs are basically the same, then?

I take it that the one I quoted in my previous post is not a "standard" LNB but is intended for some other kind of setup.

I was told by someone else that I had to make sure the LNB was the "right one" for the dish, but that's not very helpful when you don't know what qualifies an LNB as the "right one".

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
The type of LNB you need, a universal, happens to be the most common type so you shouldn't have a problem obtaining one. Leroy Merlin, Weldom etc will be able to supply. Even Aldi (or was it Lidl?) have had them from time to time.

A C120 LNB has a different way of attaching itself (a circular ring) whilst the offset dish you are going to buy has a 40mm collar. A C120 LNB also needs a seperate feed horn, the type you need has it built-in.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Just realised that I had forgotten to tell you to make sure that you get a Quad LNB. This an LNB with four outputs. Your Foxsat PVR neds two of those as it has two tuners - the other two are spares for use in whatever room you want.

If you count up your receivers and find that you need more than four feeds then Octo LNBs are also available with - yes, you're way ahead of me - eight outputs. They are rather heavy though so the dish might need slight adjustment if it is set up with a lightweight single output LNB to start with.