Which LNB for Astra 2D in Denmark ?

oneill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Denmark
Can no longer receive BBC after the switch to 2D. I have a Grundig gds 300 and just recently changed my dish from 90 to 125 cm (solid) - still no luck aligning it properly and getting none of the horizontal frequezies or BBC channels.

Im now thinking about getting a new LNB (current one is a Grundig 0.7 db universal).

What can you recommend ? What should I look for ?

How about the 3180 Golden Interstar Universal (0.3 db) or the dual version of the same LNB GI-202 Golden Interstar Twin ?

I saw someone recommend another one, I think it was called Invacom or such ...

Soren - Denmark

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, some of the members here give the invacom top marks Soren, the MTI blue also has a big following. Does your dish have a purpose made feed, or are you using the standard LNBF?

oneill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Denmark
Im now demonstrating my lack of knowledge in all things satelitish ...

Whats a LNB feed ?

The dish has three 'legs' holding the LNB - the old LNB was fixed in a piece of flat metal with the right holes in for fixing the LNB and fixing the metal to the three legs. Ive made a new piece of metal for my own LNB - Im no smith or engineer, but I recon its got the same dimensions as the old one. Also I opened the old and the new LNB, measured how deep inside them, the diode was situated and thus made sure (I think) that the diode is the same distance from the dish as the old one was ... certainly I get good reception on Channel 4 and 5 etc .,.

Soren