Which LNB - Tv Cabo on 30w

ArPCPro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65 80cm dish
PC: 2600K + 16GB DDR
My Location
Europe
If when you point to a satellite you try to see if it's really hispasat by using the original kabo box and can't see any channel, it might be because some paying customers boxes aren't working.
Some kabo original cards didn't accepted the latest EEPROM update.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Can you get Hispasat on your normal box at all? And do you have a spare dish you can use to align your normal box onto Hispa and have a go with that on your Cabo box?

dfrois

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100 cm dish, 2 Inverto LNB`s 0.3db, neovision 2620cxci, for Astra & Hotbird. Now added 95cm dish, STAB HH100, Edision LNB 0.2db, Neotion 601DVR.
My Location
Portugal
Hi,

It may be that your arc is wrong, as some members have pointed out. What sats do you get? Are those in the right azimuths for you location? I don`t know your receiver, but most have a sattelite location help tool that state the azimuth and elevation for a given sat, after you enter your longitude and latitude. You can cross-check those results with the actual azimuths you are getting for those satellites. That will tell if you aimed at true south or not. You say you used 1W as South reference, but that will only work if your longitude is close to 0 or 1 degrees. If its anything else, then your South is wrong. Also, if the sats that you do pick up are closer, on either side, of the center of the arc, it may be a wrong angle at the engine mount. Another obvious thing to look at is any physical obstruction in the direction of that particular satellite. You have probably tried some of these already, but it doesn`t hurt remembering.

Good luck.
Daniel

sinbrad

Reaction score
2cvbloke said:
Can you get Hispasat on your normal box at all? And do you have a spare dish you can use to align your normal box onto Hispa and have a go with that on your Cabo box?

Thanks once again one and all for your input. Just for a moment lets put the motorised equation to bed and concentrate on a fixed dish install. Manually set the dish/receiver up to receive hispasat at 30w using the satmeter. No matter what I do with the dish/lnb, move it up/down, right/left, adjust skew, I still cannot get any sort of increased movement on the sat meter reading. Using my Technomate box to do this and of course have been able to tune into other satellites. I could understand if when using the motor my arc was out then I would not be picking up certain satellites but as said before it has been tuned in as if it were a fixed dish which of course would make no difference to the arc. I have two dishes, one the 1mtr and the other a standard sky dish, which is also a fixed dish.

cvbloke...Have tried the cabo box on it's own but as I cannot get a signal reading on the sat meter it ain't going to work. Anyway did try that and the result was a big negative

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Have read through this thread.

It has to be something so obvious, you are missing it.

Are you on Hispasat for absolutely certain?

Is your Technomate tuned to a FTA 30w channel that is known to be functioning? ( Check at Lyngsat ).

DiseQc settings?

Cannot think of anything else, and sorry if they sound too obvious, but often we miss something that is too simple.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
One last question, I know it'll sound silly if the answer is yes, but do you have perfectly clear line of sight of Hispasat?

sinbrad

Reaction score
I think that it must be something very simple as tried everything else. However, looking at the situation now and reading 2cvbloke's question, I can't really say if it's a clear line of site as I don't know how low in the horizon hispasat is? What would necessitate a clear line of site ie would a 2 floor house about fifty yards away cause a problem? I'm using an offset dish so the satellite would have to be higher in the horizon to beam down to bounce off of the dish to hit the LNB. Obviously if the hispasat is low in the horizon from my location then that would be the problem?

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
sinbrad said:
What would necessitate a clear line of site ie would a 2 floor house about fifty yards away cause a problem? I'm using an offset dish so the satellite would have to be higher in the horizon to beam down to bounce off of the dish to hit the LNB. Obviously if the hispasat is low in the horizon from my location then that would be the problem?

I would have thought that the house was much too far away to be a problem.

Back to the drawing board.;)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
sinbrad said:
I think that it must be something very simple as tried everything else. However, looking at the situation now and reading 2cvbloke's question, I can't really say if it's a clear line of site as I don't know how low in the horizon hispasat is? What would necessitate a clear line of site ie would a 2 floor house about fifty yards away cause a problem? I'm using an offset dish so the satellite would have to be higher in the horizon to beam down to bounce off of the dish to hit the LNB. Obviously if the hispasat is low in the horizon from my location then that would be the problem?

The dish position is approximately the same as 28.2E (only at 30W), so if you align your dish in a similar postition to Astra2 you should get the same elevation as needed for Hispasat.

sinbrad

Reaction score
Well guys, here's a strange thing. Went onto Technomate website and downloaded the latest software for my box and done a complete new scan of the birds. Guess what, Hispasat is now registering as if it was there all the time? I don't know if there was a problem with the old software but it's now sorted. Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's an odd one, but glad you got it sorted. :)

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC running ME XP SUSE.Mac G4 running OS X. Multi media studio. 80cmdish. Standard sky dish with quad lnb. 2xgrundig, panasonic dsb 31&50 televes 7245 dragon cam. card loader & card.Moteck 2100A motor
My Location
anglesey
Hello, guys. An interestiong read all round. I've just nailed my dish to a motor for a laugh as well. I followed all comics to the letter and also digested all I could glean from the font of knowledge here. Hotbird and Astra signals go off the richter scale for both strenght and quality. I've double checked on the motor itself which agrees exactly degrees-wise with where I should be. I've double checked with my sat finder on both with the dish being spot on. I've been up and down the ladder and cat-ladder so often that the squirrels have left me a bag of knuts and a bell to ring ! Guess what. Not a glimmer from 30deg west. Televes RSD 7254 universal lnb MTI 80cm dish Moteck 2100A motor dragon cam. I suppose it's me but when I sort it the solution may be of interest to the forum in general. Regards to all. [they make good kites, these things ! I live in Anglesey]

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Make sure that the transponder is set to one you can receive, the signal should be good in Anglesey. :) Can you get anything in between, like 5W or 12.5W?

powerviewer

Reaction score
I have got a SKY UK lnb fix to a 80cm dish with cable ties and I can get 3ow without any problem, I must say that 30w was difficult to find using a floor mounted dish, Good luck

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC running ME XP SUSE.Mac G4 running OS X. Multi media studio. 80cmdish. Standard sky dish with quad lnb. 2xgrundig, panasonic dsb 31&50 televes 7245 dragon cam. card loader & card.Moteck 2100A motor
My Location
anglesey
Thanks for such a quick response everyone. I'm still-a-learning about this whole subject. I've yet to learn what a] a transponder is b] what it has to do with everything. When I look at the "satellite selection" menu with ASTRA selected I get info saying "52 Transponder List 019.2' Astra 1" HOTBIRD="81 Transponder List 013.0' Hotbird" HISPASAT= "22 Transponder List 330.0' Hispasat" All with a string of e.g 11509V12520 3/4..........................Funnily enough, as soon as the dish goes through south from east, the signal just stagnates. Going east it moves all over the place. I fear that next door's property could be an impedement. I thought the bottom of the dish was aiming to clear the building level. I'll double check this and report. I'm still scurrying around trying to get chapter and verse on this, but any education I would value. Best regards P.S

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
A transponder is a frequency on which digital transmissions will normally carry several channels multiplexed together 11509V12520 3/4 is one and you can normally select a different one by clicking on it in the menu.

If your satellite receiver is looking for one which is not on the satellite you are searching for, or is perhaps on a beam pointing in another direction, then your receiver will show no signal.

This page shows the different transponders on Hispasat. :)

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
anglesey
A big thankyou. That's what I call a reply! Be working on it this p.m. Watch this space. Thanks again. regards P.S

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
anglesey
I've done a bit more research and found the posts about strongest transponder for a sat. Stupid question- does that mean that I have to delete all the others mentioned in the transponder list in the menu on my televes rsd7254 leaving only the transponder with a known strength mentioned in th TG thread? Does the question even make sense ? It's a close-run thing whether the neighbouring roof allows a clear site of where I'm supposed to looking for Hispasat. I'm restricted as to where I can nail a dish having a traditional cottage. At first I thought I'd only want Hotbird but...........a familiar story, I'm sure. If I was to project a horizontal line from the dish base, it would clear the neighbouring roof. Could the law of averages say that I'd pick at least something up west of due south ? If so, then I fear that the signal is in fact blocked and that's it. Eastern satellites only for me. Regards all. P.S

Patiforio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hispasat
LBR
My Location
portugal
sinbrad said:
Hi people, Have currently started my multisat project and have managed to get at least 8 different satellites with my current setup. However, even though I have managed this, when it comes to getting anything from Hispasat at 30w I am at a loss. I have the following...

1m dish with universal LNB, a technomate tm-1500ci and also a dragoncam with the latest predator software.

I have pointed the dish in the general direction using the motorised settings but cannot receive anything? I have even used a sat meter and tried to manually get a signal but still nothing. Could it possibly be the LNB or is my dish just not big enough?

I do have an official Tv cabo box and card which I obtained from a friend in Portugal but in order to use it have to have a signal first (obviously)

:-rofl2 Man, estou nas mesmas condiçôes que tu! Prato de 110, disecq 1.2, lnb univ, KBox metronic. Tentei, tentei e desisti! Acabei por colocar uma fixa na parede alinhado ao hispasat e funciona (às vezes 'O'-red). É impossivel com o satfinder/metter conseguires sintonizares os 6 ou os 8 satelites, em conjunto. A única solução é falares com algum técnico de colocação de antenas que tenha um medidor de campo (esse aparelho custa só... +1000 Euros). Eu inclusivé utilizei um mastro com 2 metros onde estava colocada a parabolica antiga rotativa (analógica) e não consegui. Este sistema difere do antigo porque a antena analogica rodava sobre um eixo vertical, sempre com a mesma inclinação e o lnb mantinha-se sempre sempre a mesma distancia em relação ao pé do mastro, apesar de acompanhar o prato para a esq ou para a dir. Com o sistema disecq o LNB fica quase na horizontal quando rodas o prato para os 30W ou 30E. Este promenor leva a que se tiveres 1 minuto de desvio (1/60 de grau ou +/- 0,10 mm) na sintonia de um satelite isto tem repercuções em todas as sintonias dos outros satélites (se queres saber ao certo o desalinho é multiplicares 0,10 mm pela distancia da terra ao satélite em questão. Já agora se souberes de algum técnico de colocação de antenas com o tal equipamento diz que eu tamém quero... entretanto fixa a antena para um satélite e aguenta-te com esse. Companheiro, só mas um pormenor... antes de chegar a esta conclusão, estiveram cá 3 técnicos (montadores de antenas) que com toda a sua experiencia conseguiram o mesmo que tu e eu e fizeram o mesmo que eu e provavelmente o mesmo que tu! Desculpa lá a desilusão!!!

googletranslation said:
Man, I am in same condiçôes that you! Plate of 110, disecq 1,2, lnb univ, KBox metronic. I tried, I tried and I gave up! I finished for placing a fixed one in the wall lined up to hispasat and functions (to the times). He is impossivel with satfinder/metter to obtain to syntonize the 6 or 8 satelites, in set. The only solution is speech with some technician of rank of antennas that has a field measurer (this device only costs… +1000 Euros). I inclusivé used a mast with 2 meters where the rotating old parabolica was placed (analogical) and did not obtain. This system differs from the old one because the analogica antenna twirled on a vertical axle, always with the same inclination and lnb always remained always the same distancia in relation to the foot of the mast, although to follow the plate for esq or to dir. With the system disecq the LNB is almost in the horizontal line when wheels the plate for 30W or 30E. This prominor takes the one that you will have 1 minute of shunting line (1/60 of degree or + 0,10 mm) in the tunning of a satelite this has repercuções in all the tunnings of the other satellites (if you want to know to the certain o disorder is you will multiply 0,10 mm for the distancia of the land to the satellite in question. Already now if to know of some technician of rank of antennas with the such equipment says that I tamém want however… I fix the antenna for a satellite and aguenta you with this. Friend, only but a detail… before arriving at this conclusion, had been 3 here technician (mounters of antennas) that with all its experiencia had obtained that you and I the same and had made that I the same and probably the same that you! It forgives the disillusion there!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Patiforio said:
:-rofl2 Man, estou nas mesmas condiçôes que tu! Prato de 110, disecq 1.2, lnb univ, KBox metronic. Tentei, tentei e desisti! Acabei por colocar uma fixa na parede alinhado ao hispasat e funciona (às vezes 'O'-red). É impossivel com o satfinder/metter conseguires sintonizares os 6 ou os 8 satelites, em conjunto. A única solução é falares com algum técnico de colocação de antenas que tenha um medidor de campo (esse aparelho custa só... +1000 Euros). Eu inclusivé utilizei um mastro com 2 metros onde estava colocada a parabolica antiga rotativa (analógica) e não consegui. Este sistema difere do antigo porque a antena analogica rodava sobre um eixo vertical, sempre com a mesma inclinação e o lnb mantinha-se sempre sempre a mesma distancia em relação ao pé do mastro, apesar de acompanhar o prato para a esq ou para a dir. Com o sistema disecq o LNB fica quase na horizontal quando rodas o prato para os 30W ou 30E. Este promenor leva a que se tiveres 1 minuto de desvio (1/60 de grau ou +/- 0,10 mm) na sintonia de um satelite isto tem repercuções em todas as sintonias dos outros satélites (se queres saber ao certo o desalinho é multiplicares 0,10 mm pela distancia da terra ao satélite em questão. Já agora se souberes de algum técnico de colocação de antenas com o tal equipamento diz que eu tamém quero... entretanto fixa a antena para um satélite e aguenta-te com esse. Companheiro, só mas um pormenor... antes de chegar a esta conclusão, estiveram cá 3 técnicos (montadores de antenas) que com toda a sua experiencia conseguiram o mesmo que tu e eu e fizeram o mesmo que eu e provavelmente o mesmo que tu! Desculpa lá a desilusão!!!

Erm, whassat say??? :confused