Which LNB - Tv Cabo on 30w

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
supapete said:
I've done a bit more research and found the posts about strongest transponder for a sat. Stupid question- does that mean that I have to delete all the others mentioned in the transponder list in the menu on my televes rsd7254 leaving only the transponder with a known strength mentioned in th TG thread? Does the question even make sense ? It's a close-run thing whether the neighbouring roof allows a clear site of where I'm supposed to looking for Hispasat. I'm restricted as to where I can nail a dish having a traditional cottage. At first I thought I'd only want Hotbird but...........a familiar story, I'm sure. If I was to project a horizontal line from the dish base, it would clear the neighbouring roof. Could the law of averages say that I'd pick at least something up west of due south ? If so, then I fear that the signal is in fact blocked and that's it. Eastern satellites only for me. Regards all. P.S

No, you don't need to delete any transponders, just select a different one when you are searching for a particular satellite.

The geometry can be worked out fairly easily, you can download the swedish microwave calculator and then do a scale drawing with the measurements of any local obstacles. :)

I never normally bother with that, as it is easy for me to use my meter and a small hand held dish to sort out sight lines, but a drawing works for most hobbyists. :)

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC running ME XP SUSE.Mac G4 running OS X. Multi media studio. 80cmdish. Standard sky dish with quad lnb. 2xgrundig, panasonic dsb 31&50 televes 7245 dragon cam. card loader & card.Moteck 2100A motor
My Location
anglesey
I'm posting this before returning to my perch beside my new friend "dishy". Thanks for the link, and the data produced is something I can latch on to, excellent. Have I fluked something , here. My comic for the moteck 2100A says for my lat53.24n 4.18w the elevation angle on the motor stalk should be37deg and on the dish 22.5deg. I can sight my dish from my studio velux virtually cross-section. The resultant degree of elevation looks to me more like a few degrees and the dish isn't far off vertical. The program you gave me says I'm looking for elevation of 28.86 from the eastern most satellite to 22deg western most. My sat finder squeels at the positioning I've checked for astra and hotbird and, in fact, the signal on both is stable and high. I'm guessing that someone who knows what they're doing will spot my inane clumsiness, hopefully, before I join the sparrows, starlings and seagulls. Regards and thanks P.S

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
With most offset dishes, an elevation angle of 28 degrees makes the dish face appear almost vertical, after all, it is probably only five or so degrees off vertical when you add it to the 22 or so degrees offset.

The best satellite to align on for you, is 5W Atlantic bird 3, this will effectively give you due South.

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC running ME XP SUSE.Mac G4 running OS X. Multi media studio. 80cmdish. Standard sky dish with quad lnb. 2xgrundig, panasonic dsb 31&50 televes 7245 dragon cam. card loader & card.Moteck 2100A motor
My Location
anglesey
O.K men, fully operational. Thanks to you all I've gone from a standstill to the speed of light in 10 minutes.
It's easy to see how questions get splattered all over the forum willy nilly. When you're totally green you don't even know what question to ask.
Emerging from this thread and my endeavours are many key issues. I'll scan the forums and see what has been raised and answered already and then I'll post, if no one minds, what my main stumbling blocks were. In essence, the understanding of the principles of this whole subject don't come from one answer to a single question. Neither does it depend on one's I.Q, education, qualifications or even practical dexterity.
Get the mounting post PERFECTLY perpendicular; Set the motor inclination angle and dish declination angle according to the site's latitude and longtitude EXACTLY according to the comic; Set the whole thing PERFECTLY to due south [luck may prevail and a satellite could be where you're aiming- with me 5deg west and get the best signal strength/quality]; gain a basic understanding of what the key points are that'll be mentioned along the way [see my ignorance being addressed thoughtfully above]; gat a head for heights and lash ladders. Do these essentials and I'm perfectly sure no one will mind answering questions. What an amazing forum this is. best regards P.S