marshanite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5 Gibertini
Technomate TM-1000D
LNB
My Location
100k north of Pisa
Here in Italy thinking of buying a Gibertini 1.5m dish to receive Astra2D. Tried a 1.2m and didn't get anything. Have a Humax LNB but would like to replace that with a decent LNB. Anybody got any suggestions. Im told that above 1.2m I will need an LNB that has two outputs. Don't know how this will work as I have only one receiver (Technomate TM-1000D). If anybody could explain this would also be most grateful.

tux233

Reaction score
Hi

Any 0.3 Universal LNB with 1 output (for 1 receiver) will do. Obviously there are good and bad LNB's so go for Invacom or Inverto. These should be OK.

Cheers

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
invacom are recommended for big dishes for some reason as the people in fringe areas rave about them

marshanite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5 Gibertini
Technomate TM-1000D
LNB
My Location
100k north of Pisa
yes I was thinking of an Invacom. Can I get a 0.3db c120 and try that and if it doesnt' work can I then get the flange or do I need both before I try. Me thinks I need both but you never know.

Cheers

marshanite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5 Gibertini
Technomate TM-1000D
LNB
My Location
100k north of Pisa
Thanks for the link Lancelot. A bit confusing to a novice like me but some useful info. Can't find anybody that sell Gibertini Flanges on the net. Does anybody know a supplier.

Also now that I am on the subject if I get a dual feed LNB will I be able to switch between different sats here in Italy. This will probably be another project but might be an idea to get a dual feed so that I can use it later.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
If you want the Gibbi feedhorn then try hisat.com, although the debate between that and the CM feed and also several LNBF's seems still to be running.

L.:)

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
marshanite said:
Here in Italy thinking of buying a Gibertini 1.5m dish to receive Astra2D. Tried a 1.2m and didn't get anything. Have a Humax LNB but would like to replace that with a decent LNB. Anybody got any suggestions. Im told that above 1.2m I will need an LNB that has two outputs. Don't know how this will work as I have only one receiver (Technomate TM-1000D). If anybody could explain this would also be most grateful.
i use a twin invacom feed horn lnb with my 1.25m gibertini does the job perfect m8.

marshanite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5 Gibertini
Technomate TM-1000D
LNB
My Location
100k north of Pisa
Asked the guy at Campanasat (where Im buying the dish from ) if the 0.3db single output invacom with the feed horn would fit on the 1.5m Gibertini and he said that the feedhorn was for prime focus dishes only. Is this correct? He said that the standard Invacom would do as it was an offset dish...ummmm

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
marshanite said:
Asked the guy at Campanasat (where Im buying the dish from ) if the 0.3db single output invacom with the feed horn would fit on the 1.5m Gibertini and he said that the feedhorn was for prime focus dishes only. Is this correct? He said that the standard Invacom would do as it was an offset dish...ummmm
Well...the Invacom is made for dishes with F/D of 0.60

The Gibertini dishes have a F/D of 0.66

You can figure out the rest that with the Invacom you will loose some signal due to the 0.06 difference.

But then all LNBFs today are made for F/D of 0.60 so you don't have much choice than to go for the original Gibertini feed which i haven't heard great reviews of either or buy a separate feed from some other supplier which got F/D of 0.66

bodge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What difference would the 0.6 F/d make to the signal ? What would the difference be for example if one had in place a prime focus feedhorn ( ca 0.38 ) instead of a the correct 0.6 ? Are we talking a huge signal loss ?

Likvid said:
Well...the Invacom is made for dishes with F/D of 0.60

The Gibertini dishes have a F/D of 0.66

You can figure out the rest that with the Invacom you will loose some signal due to the 0.06 difference.

But then all LNBFs today are made for F/D of 0.60 so you don't have much choice than to go for the original Gibertini feed which i haven't heard great reviews of either or buy a separate feed from some other supplier which got F/D of 0.66

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Fairly important in my experience. I had a 1.8mtr ally dish and using an LNBF rather than a C120 type it only performed as well as my old 1mtr dish in a back to back test.

L.:)

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
marshanite said:

Before buying a bigger dish,try testing a couple of other LNB.s on your 1.2 dish,north of Pisa is a bit of a hot spot for Astra 2D.
I have found that the Invacom quad is the best for fringe area reception in Italy.