Which LNB??

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ive found in all installs that the Irte 1.5m one piece has always performed better than the 1.8m no matter how well its been aligned

Additionally all gain figures supplied by a manufacturer for Ku reception should be accompanied by the frequency that the gain has been tested at. A high frequency test will naturally give a higher figure.

I have been to Dubai a few times but this has been the first for a number of years, Ive also been to Jordan on two occasions and loved the country.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
I agree a solid one piece if properly manufactured normally results in the highest quality and senstivity.

The best Segmented i have come cross are the Patriots there are a few around our facilities and all have been pretty good typically they are from 3 to 5 mtrs diameter.
You can measure the diffenace of each segment has they are bolted to each other, but the end result is not as good as a one piece of equal quality.

The 1.8 and 2.0 mtr i have are both solid Precision dishes both are approaching 5 years old and still after a quick clean look new.

Regards

Old Satellite