Which LNBs for multi-sat on a zone 2 mini-dish?

giraffe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone2 mini dish, 19.2 and 28.2
My Location
Suffolk
Just looking for advice on LNBs for a multi-sat set-up on a zone 2 dish. I currently have 2 LNBs one on 28.2e (Sky Visiblewave made by Labgear) and 19.2e (old Inverto eco single).

I want to swap the 19.2e for a quad and add another one or two single LNB(s) to the dish. From reading I understand that the Sky LNBs have a feedhorn designed for the shape of the mini-dishes and have a narrower neck than standard.

But I notice from purchasing a Visibleware Sky LNB the feedhorn is round unlike the Zinwell oval ones therefore would a (supposed) 0.1db universal LNB such as Opticum quad perform better than the Visibleware 0.5db (or a Zinwell) or is there likely to be little to no difference?

Thanks!

Link to: visiblewave LNB

Last edited:

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
@giraffe if your in the U.K. I wouldn't worry about the LNBs being non $ky type, I use "normal" Inverto Black Ultras on my Zone 2 multi LNB setup.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!

giraffe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone2 mini dish, 19.2 and 28.2
My Location
Suffolk
@Ghostleader thanks for your post and picture, OK great will not worry about about them - your very neat set-up is exactly what I'm looking for.

As an aside every time I see dishes setup with the wall mount above the dish I think of Gonzo from the muppets!

gonzo1.jpg