WHICH LNBS TO USE WITH GIBERTINI 1 or 1.2 mtr dish.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sat:nowt at present.Comp:Desktop.Asus Transformer Prime Tablet.Nad hi.fi:
My Location
mid glam. Lon:51.740124 Lat:-3.2967
Would there be much of a difference in signal pick up between these two dishes and what would be the most efficient long to use with either of the dishes :-righton . Thanks again Staff.

A nonymous

Reaction score
The extra 20cms makes a huge difference on the fringe satellites :D

I would recommend an Inverto Ultra, worked a treat with my Gibby. I use a Fracarro 0.2db lnb with mine at the moment as i need the second port and it seems really well matched to the gibby as levls aren't that far removed from what i was getting with the Inverto.

Nano

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
OK, that's a start the will keep that bit of info for future ref" thank's for the quick reply,nano much appreciated, taff :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
For the 1.25cm, personally I'd use a matched feed to get the most out of the dish (0.67 f/D), although with the new Inverto's, the reports are there is not much in it.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
satelliteman said:
For the 1.25cm, personally I'd use a matched feed to get the most out of the dish (0.67 f/D), although with the new Inverto's, the reports are there is not much in it.
Hi Sat'man, OK , thank's for that bit of info, will add to my library for further reference. Thanks again, Taff.:)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Just to reinforce what satman posted. On my 1M Gibi, I haven't seen anything that outperforms a Black Ultra. If you go up to a 1.2M (and I haven't got a Gibi but a Laminas) the differences may be marginal. I tried an Inverto + a Laminas feed on it but it was inferior to the Black Ultra. However, the feed was not a match for that size dish I believe. I'm using a Black Ultra on the 1.2M Laminas at present and am very pleased with it's performance but in your case, I'd be inclined to try a matched feed as well. It greatly depends on what you are trying to achieve with the dish.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
sonnetpete said:
Just to reinforce what satman posted. On my 1M Gibi, I haven't seen anything that outperforms a Black Ultra. If you go up to a 1.2M (and I haven't got a Gibi but a Laminas) the differences may be marginal. I tried an Inverto + a Laminas feed on it but it was inferior to the Black Ultra. However, the feed was not a match for that size dish I believe. I'm using a Black Ultra on the 1.2M Laminas at present and am very pleased with it's performance but in your case, I'd be inclined to try a matched feed as well. It greatly depends on what you are trying to achieve with the dish.
Hello thereSonnetpete, i've actually been thinking about the Black Ultra to go with a 1mtr Gibertini dish,now that you have confirmed my thoughts I think thats what i will earmark on my list of items to order with the dish. Now it,s the drive unit to decide upon. I will have to polar mount as i have no suitable walls thier all old stone walls

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You can always ground mount the dish and still use the DiSEqC type motor.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Captain Jack said:
You can always ground mount the dish and still use the DiSEqC type motor.
Hi there Captain Jack! yes that,s my only option really, hole,post,and plenty of concrete.Been thinking of Stab motor,with i believe 3 year guarentee . Unless anyone can advise differently always open to advise of the more experianced in this hobby/ pastime.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Stabs are very slow to move the dish and suffer from backlash issues. They are decent motors but are around 7 years old now and getting long in the tooth. I would go for something like a TM2300 or even TM2600 one with metal gears.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
taff said:
I will have to polar mount as i have no suitable walls thier all old stone walls

I have a wall mounted T&K arrangement with the USALS motor and 1.2M dish. I also have half metre thick old stone walls. Is there some issue with your own particular walls?

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Captain Jack said:
Stabs are very slow to move the dish and suffer from backlash issues. They are decent motors but are around 7 years old now and getting long in the tooth. I would go for something like a TM2300 or even TM2600 one with metal gears.
Ok then TM 2300/2600 shall take a gander at these motors,thank you for the input Captain Jack.

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
sonnetpete said:
I have a wall mounted T&K arrangement with the USALS motor and 1.2M dish. I also have half metre thick old stone walls. Is there some issue with your own particular walls?
Nothing as far as the stones concerned, but they do need rebuilding i wouldn't like to go to the effort of setting everything spot on and then reset because the old walls wouldn't take the strain, simplest method for me would be post,hole and concrete.:)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
And I prefer ground mount installations - maybe a little trickier to set up due to no second chances with the concrete and the pole needing to be 100% vertical but after that the installation and any adjustments and LNB replacements don't require you to risk your life climbing up a ladder....

taff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Captain Jack said:
And I prefer ground mount installations - maybe a little trickier to set up due to no second chances with the concrete and the pole needing to be 100% vertical but after that the installation and any adjustments and LNB replacements don't require you to risk your life climbing up a ladder....
Yes i totaly agree, Captain Jack much safer installing and later setting or adjusting your equipment with your feet firmley planted on tera firma!:-thumb1