Which one is good Solid or Mesh

S

ssantosh78

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV with 90CM Ku, 8 Feet Solid Eurostar Dish, Kaon STB
My Location
India
Friends,

I planning to buy 8 feet dish, can any one please explain which one is good for me??? Mesh or Solid & why?

--Santosh

C

charly20

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Belgium
it depends simply on the sat / channels you want to receive.

If the desired channels are in C Band , then you need usually a mesh dish.

If the desired channels are in KU Band, then you need a solid dish.

Go to w**.lyngsat.c*m and check there if the desired channels / sat is transmitting in C of KU Band.

D

dinakar407

My Satellite Setup
Planning to buy stb and dish
My Location
Hyderabad,India
Can't we use the same dish for both c band and ku band just by replacing the lnb .I agree that the dish size is more for c band.

member91040

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
dinakar407 said:
Can't we use the same dish for both c band and ku band just by replacing the lnb .I agree that the dish size is more for c band.
Mesh would wont work for Ku reception, If you are planning for solid dish , Both can be Acceptable, You need to have Dual Feed horn. Remeber one Thing The bigger dish, The better Hunt..!

member91040

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
The bigger the dish the more signal it can gather and the weaker satellite signals it can pull in. So your first consideration in choosing a dish is to make a list of satellites you are interested in receiving.

If you are buying a used mesh satellite dish, be sure it has the smaller diameter perforations or a significant portion of Ku signals will pass through the dish. Do not waste your time buying a fiberglass dish as that is early technology and will be guaranted to have C-band only mesh embedded within. If you have consideration to purchase a solid metal dish, or one piece mesh dish, stand aside from it and sight across it to be sure it is not warped - if so, do not purchase it regardless of the price. In buying a new dish, a solid dish will not necessarily have a greater efficiency rating than a mesh dish; look at the dish specs and see its efficiency rating which is the percent of signal that hits the dish is actually reflected into the feed - the greater the efficiency rating, the more gain the dish will have.

In another consideration of mesh vs.solid dish, at wind velocity of about 50mph the two offer the same resistance to wind forces; a mesh dish is easier for the actuator to 'push' around though on smaller diameter dishes (less than 2.5m) today's actuators handle a solid dish with minimal problems.

If you Need Further Info I can provide it.

afancier

afancier

My Satellite Setup
Zenaga STB CD1002S, Three solid Ku band Dish. 60Cm,70cm,90cm getting Nss6 95E, Yamal201 90E, ABS1 75E, EuroBird2 26E at 26E. Disec SWITCH
My Location
Amritsar
buy 120 cm solid dish it works for c and Ku band both. and love Ku as it'll be the best thing in near Future.

member91040

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
afancier said:
buy 120 cm solid dish it works for c and Ku band both. and love Ku as it'll be the best thing in near Future.
May we expect soo, But Old is gold bro...!