Which receiver would you recommend

ftanoob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
moving to Israel and need some help in figuring out what i need to get.
My Location
Israel
I am moving to Israel and the current setup that i have here in the US is working great, i know won't work in Israel.

Receiver - SV8000hd
Sat - Dishpro 1000.2

Which receiver should i get that would work good in Israel, and where would i need to go to get the keys or bins for it?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hi ftanoob,
I have moved your post to a new thread, as this has nothing to do with Yes Israel Package.

As we don't discuss North American systems, I suggest that you would edit your post and delete any reference to what you have now.

You can bring your system with you, but I doubt if it will be of much use, perhaps the dish but as you didn't mention it's size, then I would recommend to leave it if it is smaller than 1m.
Try to sell it and save on the weight charges.
When you are here, post again as this is a whole new world with different satellites and encryption systems than what you are accustomed to.
It might help if you can indicate what kind of channels would you like to watch.
You might find a subscription to Yes package can save you the installation charges, but the monthly cost is not cheap in my opinion and there is a minimum 1 year contract.
In the meantime, looking forward to your arrival.
Good Luck. :)

Edit: The mains voltage in Israel is 220V, so it would be pointless to bring a receiver from the US.
Same thing goes with other electrical appliances as there is a safety risk with power cords being 110V rated.

ftanoob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
Thank you for your response. Yes i will end up selling all my stuff in the US and getting new stuff for israel.

What do you think about the dream box? Do you know of any supported HD receivers?

Also here, we have bins that we update these receivers with to watch everything, is there something like that for these dreambox receivers for watching all the YES channels?

Thank you.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I have a Dreambox and I can recommend it.
They will have the HD model soon.
You need a subscription to watch YES.
There is a lot of information in this forum. Use the search button to look for threads and posts to match your keywords.

ftanoob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Israel
Thank you for your response. Ok i have decided to get a dreambox, now i just need some help in figuring out which one to get, hehe.

Also which bin or firmware would i need in order to view YES in israel?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
ftanoob said:
Thank you for your response. Ok i have decided to get a dreambox, now i just need some help in figuring out which one to get, hehe.

Also which bin or firmware would i need in order to view YES in israel?

There is no use asking the same question over and over again.
To watch Yes > Get a subscription