Which receiver?

D

dibujo

Hi
I am thinking of buying a digital receiver and have three to choose from at a similar price. They are:
Echostar DSB880
Technomate TM 5500 CI
Technisat Digit C12
Can anybody recommend which would be the one to go for?
Any advice much appreciated.

M

mole4319

My Location
pj::
The Technisat has only one CI slot whereas the Echostar and Technomate have two.
I'm biased towards Echostar as I have an AD3000ip, but a m8 got the TM5500CI recently and I was very impressed, although the remote is badly designed with very small buttons placed to close together

D

dibujo

Thanks for your reply. The Technomate seems to be more widely available so maybe thats the one to go for. I think I read somewhere else on the forum that the Echostar may have problems with the newer cams, Ive read so much that things can get confusing lol

R

russquk

i use a technomate and find it easy to use,which is good as the manual is a waste of time.had no problems with it yet!

waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well I have said this before....the Xtreme has been a great STB for me....but then it is all down to money and what people want in a reciever!

jimbo

jimbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I have 2 x echostars but I don't think they are the greatest for our hobby. I like the Xtreme and the Technomate. The Dream box would be a challenge and the spec of the Force receivers looks good too. There's a couple of stbs around which carry out blind searches. That could prove to be useful I suppose. Where do you stop though?

R

russquk

keep an eye on ebay aswell,i picked up my technomate tm 5500 CI plus with mr cam for £165 and it was new,the seller was a bit upset about the price,this goes for all models really as long as the seller has good feedback you could get a bargain.

jimbo

jimbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I must admit to be feeling a bit hormonal about my STBs :D . So perhaps a change is required. Is anyone using the 2 or 4 positioners on a Technomate. E.g 36v and Diseqc 1.2?

Thanks