Which receiver?

dibujo

Reaction score
Hi
I am thinking of buying a digital receiver and have three to choose from at a similar price. They are:
Echostar DSB880
Technomate TM 5500 CI
Technisat Digit C12
Can anybody recommend which would be the one to go for?
Any advice much appreciated.

mole4319

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
The Technisat has only one CI slot whereas the Echostar and Technomate have two.
I'm biased towards Echostar as I have an AD3000ip, but a m8 got the TM5500CI recently and I was very impressed, although the remote is badly designed with very small buttons placed to close together

dibujo

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. The Technomate seems to be more widely available so maybe thats the one to go for. I think I read somewhere else on the forum that the Echostar may have problems with the newer cams, Ive read so much that things can get confusing lol

russquk

Reaction score
i use a technomate and find it easy to use,which is good as the manual is a waste of time.had no problems with it yet!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well I have said this before....the Xtreme has been a great STB for me....but then it is all down to money and what people want in a reciever!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I have 2 x echostars but I don't think they are the greatest for our hobby. I like the Xtreme and the Technomate. The Dream box would be a challenge and the spec of the Force receivers looks good too. There's a couple of stbs around which carry out blind searches. That could prove to be useful I suppose. Where do you stop though?

russquk

Reaction score
keep an eye on ebay aswell,i picked up my technomate tm 5500 CI plus with mr cam for £165 and it was new,the seller was a bit upset about the price,this goes for all models really as long as the seller has good feedback you could get a bargain.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I must admit to be feeling a bit hormonal about my STBs :D . So perhaps a change is required. Is anyone using the 2 or 4 positioners on a Technomate. E.g 36v and Diseqc 1.2?

Thanks