My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Hi,

It looks like I would need to upgrade my reciever from my present EuroStar 9700 Plus (not sure if it is good to do software "upgrades")

Following are the Vitals
1) My Location: Oman / Muscat
2) Dish1 --> Hotbird at 13E
3) Dish2 --> NSS6 at 95E
4) Dish3 --> AsiaSAT 3S at 105E (all connected through a Switch/Splitter)
5) Reciever--> EuroStar 9700 Plus (2003 make)

please suggest (considering my location)

I have access to TechnoSat brand of recievers, which one would be best? also suggest which other brands to look for. I intend to use cards (in future) and use Card Programming too.

A

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
I don't know which brands are available in your country, I am nearby in Turkey and if you follow this link you will see a list of all the well supported receivers here. If you can't open the link tell me and I'll make a list.

http://www.turkeyforum.com/satforum/forumdisplay.php?f=83

If you are wanting to open encrypted channels without using cards, nearly all of these receivers can do that in software making cards and card programming unnecessary. And they cost only $100 US. There are many channels that they can't open though.

If you want to pay for channels then you'll need a receiver that has card slots.

I suggest that you tell us which of the receivers on the list you can find in your shops, then we can give you better advice.

V

ViReN

My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Artist 2004: Thanks a lot for a great help & valuable input, it's highly appreciated. I would be going to local shop and find list of brands & models that are available.

I clicked your link and was able to view the threads, only that i could not understand language, but that's all right at this stage as i am looking for the brand name & model number.

thanks once again
ViReN