My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Hi,

It looks like I would need to upgrade my reciever from my present EuroStar 9700 Plus (not sure if it is good to do software "upgrades")

Following are the Vitals
1) My Location: Oman / Muscat
2) Dish1 --> Hotbird at 13E
3) Dish2 --> NSS6 at 95E
4) Dish3 --> AsiaSAT 3S at 105E (all connected through a Switch/Splitter)
5) Reciever--> EuroStar 9700 Plus (2003 make)

please suggest (considering my location)

I have access to TechnoSat brand of recievers, which one would be best? also suggest which other brands to look for. I intend to use cards (in future) and use Card Programming too.

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
I don't know which brands are available in your country, I am nearby in Turkey and if you follow this link you will see a list of all the well supported receivers here. If you can't open the link tell me and I'll make a list.

http://www.turkeyforum.com/satforum/forumdisplay.php?f=83

If you are wanting to open encrypted channels without using cards, nearly all of these receivers can do that in software making cards and card programming unnecessary. And they cost only $100 US. There are many channels that they can't open though.

If you want to pay for channels then you'll need a receiver that has card slots.

I suggest that you tell us which of the receivers on the list you can find in your shops, then we can give you better advice.

ViReN

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Box-»SrarTrack
World in Box(S170EC)
Soft-»(STM_A6690)
Sat's-»13.0E,26.0E,95.0E,105.5E
My Location
_Ξ-Middle East-Ξ_ -»Oman
Artist 2004: Thanks a lot for a great help & valuable input, it's highly appreciated. I would be going to local shop and find list of brands & models that are available.

I clicked your link and was able to view the threads, only that i could not understand language, but that's all right at this stage as i am looking for the brand name & model number.

thanks once again
ViReN