Which Sat Card?

Jontydog

Jontydog

My Satellite Setup
Core2 Duo 3.40ghz 4 Gig Ram Skystar 2 PCI Card F3
My Location
Cheshire
Lo all new to this stuff with the pc but used to be into d2mac and would like to get interested in the satellite world again. I have a 1gig pc an 80cm mesh dish with universal lnb and 19" monitor. What would be the best value sat card to get to set a system up and would it be better to buy a motor. I only want to watch stuff on my monitor although I could connect to the tv as I have tv out on my gfx card.

Any help gratefully received

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go for a Skystar2 card, you can get them from Sat Europa who are Technisat's UK distributor and they have a banner at the top of our page (refres a few times until it comes up). :)

A motor would certainly be more fulfilling, my budget favourite is the Moteck SG-2100.

Jontydog

Jontydog

My Satellite Setup
Core2 Duo 3.40ghz 4 Gig Ram Skystar 2 PCI Card F3
My Location
Cheshire
cheers m8 thanks for the fast reply. Just been looking thru some stuff and it all seems a lot more complicated than it used to be with analogue. Will keep you informed as to how I get on with it