Advice Needed Which satellite dish and unicable LNB?

elsmandino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Linux Server (Running Openmediavault for OS and TVHeadend for PVR).
Internal TV Tuner Cards - Hauppauge HVR-2200 (Dual DVB-T) & Hauppauge Nova HDS2 (DVB-S2)
Server connected to multiple Raspberry Pis (running Librelec) via Gigabit Network.
My Location
Essex, England
Hello.

I currently have a Zone 1 Sky dish (I am in the south of England and get a strong signal), but need to swap if for a non-Sky dish with a unicable LNB. I will be using if for 28.2e.

I would be very grateful for recommendations on what to buy.

KuchKuch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Core 2 Duo E6650
4GB DDR2 RAM
My Location
UK
Does anyone have suggestions on the above? Would like to use the best rated LNB and dish if possible.

I'm thinking of getting a Unicable II setup with at least 2 feeds, so I can use one feed to watch/record while the other can be used to update CrossEPG. I'm trying to avoid the use of a splitter if at all possible.

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
I can not tell you anything when I'm far away and do not know those receptors.
The other day looking for unicable LNB information, I found a model that had 24SCR standard, in its characteristics it indicated zone of use (it had 2 more options), if it is for Sky uk, the SCR change the value of the frequency of use.
I mention it to be careful with that topic.
If a partner with this receiver confirms the frequencies of use of the SCR, perfect.
In the receivers that I use with enigma2 is not a problem, almost all unicable LNBs are already included, but 4 years ago I had to enter the data I have and it is very easy to add a unicable LNB.
In the receivers of a provider, this is not possible and you have to find the one that works.
Look on Ebay, put this reference .. 123279567303 .

In general, you have 4SCR and 3 Legacy for 42€.
-----------
No te puedo decir nada al estar muy lejos y no conocer esos receptores.
El otro dia buscando informacion de LNB unicable, encontre un modelo que tenia 24SCR estandar, en sus caracteristicas ponia indicar zona de uso (tenia 2 opciones mas), si es para Sky uk, los SCR cambian el valor de la frecuencia de uso.
Lo comento para que tengas cuidado con ese tema.
Si algun compañero con este receptor confirma las frecuencias de uso de los SCR, perfecto.
El los receptores que uso con enigma2 no es problema, casi todos los LNB unicable ya estan incluidos, pero hace 4 años me toco meter los datos del que tengo y es muy facil añadir un LNB unicable.
En los receptores de un proveedor, esto no es posible y tienes que buscar el que funciona.
Mira en Ebay, pon esta referencia..123279567303

En general, tienes 4SCR y 3 Legacy por 42€.
Frecuencia_SCR_UK.png

KuchKuch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Core 2 Duo E6650
4GB DDR2 RAM
My Location
UK
I can not tell you anything when I'm far away and do not know those receptors.
The other day looking for unicable LNB information, I found a model that had 24SCR standard, in its characteristics it indicated zone of use (it had 2 more options), if it is for Sky uk, the SCR change the value of the frequency of use.
I mention it to be careful with that topic.
If a partner with this receiver confirms the frequencies of use of the SCR, perfect.
In the receivers that I use with enigma2 is not a problem, almost all unicable LNBs are already included, but 4 years ago I had to enter the data I have and it is very easy to add a unicable LNB.
In the receivers of a provider, this is not possible and you have to find the one that works.
Look on Ebay, put this reference .. 123279567303 .

In general, you have 4SCR and 3 Legacy for 42€.
-----------
No te puedo decir nada al estar muy lejos y no conocer esos receptores.
El otro dia buscando informacion de LNB unicable, encontre un modelo que tenia 24SCR estandar, en sus caracteristicas ponia indicar zona de uso (tenia 2 opciones mas), si es para Sky uk, los SCR cambian el valor de la frecuencia de uso.
Lo comento para que tengas cuidado con ese tema.
Si algun compañero con este receptor confirma las frecuencias de uso de los SCR, perfecto.
El los receptores que uso con enigma2 no es problema, casi todos los LNB unicable ya estan incluidos, pero hace 4 años me toco meter los datos del que tengo y es muy facil añadir un LNB unicable.
En los receptores de un proveedor, esto no es posible y tienes que buscar el que funciona.
Mira en Ebay, pon esta referencia..123279567303

En general, tienes 4SCR y 3 Legacy por 42€.
View attachment 123834

Thanks for this.

I don't need any legacy ports as i don't use FreeSat and will just be using this for FTA on Astra 28.2E, so taking this into account I am thinking the following:
Dish: Standard Sky Zone 2 Dish
LNB: DUR-line UK 124 - Can this be used without a splitter on 1 box?
Sky Dish Adapter: SKY DISH MK4 LNB HOLDER/ADAPTER - 40MM (See Amazon UK ASIN B00FX7QAPE)
Receiver: VU+ Ultimo 4K

Can anybody see any issues with the above?

I am open to getting another dish, which would work better, but I have no idea what to go for. So if anybody can suggest something from a reputable retailer then please let me know.

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
LNB: DUR-line UK 124 ===> VU+Ultimo4K.

You do not need a splitter, the VU+Ultimo4K has an internal loop to connect tuner B to tuner A.
In the receiver configuration, you have to put each SCR and activate the loop.

Tuner A.- SCR
Tuner B.- SCR + 1
Loop tuner A.
Tuner C.- SCR + 2
Loop tuner A.
Tuner D.- SCR + 3
Loop tuner A.
Tuner E.- SCR + 4
Loop tuner A.
Tuner F.- SCR + 5
Loop tuner A.
Tuner G.- SCR + 6