2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi everyone , my first post here, although been reading for a few weeks now. Just gotta say, Excellent forums, I've learned at lot so far..

I've just got a dreambox 500-s with a triax 80cm dish with the 20 degree 4 lnb bracket. I'm looking to recieve premiership football, movies and some adult channels. Before I go any further, I don't want this thread to get into the realms of cams, cards and keys, I'm reasonably ok with that side of things so far. What I'm askin is....

Given I can recieve upto 4 satellites with this hardware (In Theory) , whats the best combination of sat's to point at ??

I guess astra 1(19e) and Hotbird(13e) are a must, but not having a sky digibox , is it worth me looking at astra 2(28e) ? Is there anything of interest that my dreambox will potentially decode .... And, if I choose not to position for astra 2 , is there anything on 5e or 1w, for exmaple , thats of more interest.

Lastly , if my furthest satellite one way is 19E , would it be possible on this bracket to receive 1W ?

So if I attempt to recieve, 1W , 5E, 13E, and 19E am I missing out on anything of interest by not having 28E ?

I've looked through the listings on lyngsat, but it would be much more helpful for a nice experienced chap just simply say, yes thats a nice combo, or no its not, or it can't be done....

Many thanks in advance...:-csmile

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You're better off swapping 1W for 16E or 10E or 7E which have occasional footy feeds on.

Oh :-Welcome1 to the board :D

L. :-csmile

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Thanks for the reply , I'll bare that in mind. However, a note that came from the supplier did detail the fact that I cannot get 13, 16 and 19 together , because I cannot get the lnb's close enough together. I'll have to see how that effects the others you have listed...